Ryan- 10 (Argument)

Ryans POV

"Jack, for the last time! You can't put that in a song!" Adam says.

"Yes I can! Whatever happened to creative freedom!?" Jack rebuttals.

"Jack, putting that in a song is not going to bode well for trying to get our name out there. Please, let's let it go. It's not going into a song." Adam says, trying to prove his point once again.

"But it would work so well!!" Jack says.

"Can we talk about this later." I say standing up from the couch. I can't handle it anymore. They've been going at this for the last half an hour of yelling at each other, trying to explain their points, and it's not going anywhere. Jack wrote a line for a new song that he really wants to put in, but Adam obviously doesn't want it in a song. This isn't our first disagreement over something for a song, but this one is making me the most scared. They both seemed really angry, and when I tried to intervene to cool it down, they backlashed and it scared me. I stood up from the couch because I was feeling very weird. My hands are shaking and I am getting very clammy. I need to get some fresh air and cool down, so I walk out of the apartment, and into the elevator. I pull out my phone and text Cat.
'Hey, can I come over?' She replies immediately.
'Yes, you know you can come over whenever!'
'Sweet, see you in a minute.'
'See you soon! :)'
As I walk the three blocks to Cat's apartment in the tree-filled park, I'm left to replay the whole ordeal in my head. My thoughts wander every which way, and I start to feel even weirder. I lose the feeling of myself and it's almost as though I become a ghost. I can feel my heart gaining speed as it jumps into my head, pulsating it's echoing thump through my brain. My breath starts to quicken as if I just ran a marathon, and my shaking hands have invaded my whole body. I pick up the pace to get to Cat's, arriving not long after. I ring the buzzer at the entrance to let her know I'm here, and she lets me in. I race over to the elevator, hopping in and frantically pressing her floor number. The doors seem to close slower then they usually do, me not having the patience to realize that they are going their usual speed. I finally get to Cat's floor and spurt over to her door. I knock three times like usual, but my jitters make me knock again. Finally, she opens the door.

"Ry what's-" she barely finishes before I launch myself into her arms. This catches her by complete surprise, taking her a few seconds before she hugs me back. I whimper out of panic before I break down crying.

"Ry, what happened?" She asks. I can't answer. With my tight grip cloaked around her and me already in my panicked state, the balance between us buckles, and we start falling to the ground. With the weight I was swamping onto Cat, she has a hard time trying keep our balance up, so she smoothly sets us down to the floor behind the door. The way we fall, I happen to be pushed against the wall. Cat sits next to me with her hand settling on my back. My knees rush up to my chest, and my elbows find their place resting on my knees, my hands covering my face.
"Woah woah woah, hey, settle down." Cat says as she sets me down. "What's wrong?" Cat asks concerned.

"I... I...-" I try to speak but nothing comes out. I collapse into Cat and nuzzle my face into the crook of her neck. She brings her hand up to the back of my head and combs her fingers through my hair, kissing my head a few times.

"Shhhhh, it's ok." She whispers. With her other hand, she gently starts rubbing my side and back. My whole body is shaking, and my hands and feet start to go numb. I start bouncing my leg up and down incredibly quickly as well as try to hide more in Cat's shoulder if at all possible. I am crying hysterically, and my body starts tensing up. I feel like such a baby.

"Shhhh, hey, it's ok. Shhhhh, you're ok, I love you, I'm right here." Cat whispers. I don't know what else to do. I can't breathe, I'm shaking tremendously, and I feel like a ghost. I need to get my focus back on something. I hyper-focus on Cat's action of running her fingers through my hair. She's doing it softly and gently, and it feels nice. She is going slow enough that I can feel exactly where her fingers are and I like it.