Winter- 1 (Bullies)

Ryans POV
"Hey Winter, how was school?" I ask when Winter comes in the door.
"Fine." He says, and walks to his room.
"That's not like him." Cat says.
"I know. I'll go talk to him." I say. Winter is almost 9 now. He got so old so fast. I wish we could go back to the days when he was a baby and looked just like me. He still looks like me now. He is my son after all. We've been best friends all his life. It hurt me when he didn't answer. Normally he comes running over and gives me a massive hug. I missed that today. I walk over to his room and gently knock on the door.
"Winter? It's dad. You alright in there?" I didn't hear an answer, so I opened the door slowly. I opened the door to see Winter crumpled up in a ball on his bed, rocking back and forth, shaking profusely and hyperventilating. It broke my heart.
"Winter.." I say, gently walking over to his bed.
"Hey, what's wrong?" I say, sitting beside him, pulling him into a side hug. He leans his head on my shoulder and then starts crying into my chest.
"Shhhhh, Winter, it's ok." I say, trying to calm him down.
"It's ok, you're alright, dad's here. Shhhhh, it's ok, settle down." I pulled Winter into my chest, wrapping my arms around him. I kissed his head as he sobbed into my chest. I pulled his blanket on top of him, hugging him tight. After a while he finally settled down, sitting up and wiping the tears from his eyes. I rested my hands in his sides and look at him in his beautiful stormy grey blue orbs.
"What's wrong Winter?" Winter couldn't look at me. He looked down at the bed.
"I-I-I-" he couldn't talk, he just started crying again. I pulled him back into my chest.
"It's ok Winter, settle down, just breathe." I say. He starts to calm down again.
"Did a girl ask you out?" I say, trying to make him laugh. He stops crying and turns his head to the left.
"What about..." I say, trying to think of something that will make him laugh.
"You got eaten by a squirrel and... the squirrel got eaten by a dog."
"No!" Winter says smiling. 
"Alright, what's wrong?" I ask again.
"Well." Winter says, taking a deep breath. I rest my hands on his back and wait for his answer.
"The guys in my grade, they-they bully me.. for my name."
"Winter.." I say, wrapping him in yet another hug. "I'm sorry bud. Try not to let them get to you cause you know they're wrong, right?"
"I know.. Sorry for freaking out about it." Winter says, sitting back up.
"Winter, it's ok. I'm glad you let me calm you down." There was a slight moment of silence.
"H-hey dad?" Winter says.
"Yeah?"
"C-Can you play me my song?" Winter asks quietly.
"Of course Winter! What instrument today?" I ask.
"Piano?" Winter says. I stand up and go to the keyboard that we put in Winters room.
"Dear winter.." I start singing. Winter swayed along to the beat as he sat on his bed. All of his previous anxiety went away as soon as I started singing. Once I was done the song, I turn around to see Cat standing in his door way, and Winter smiling. That's all I've ever wanted to see.
"Dinners almost ready you two." Cat says after a moment. She walks in, and Winter stands up and gives me a hug.
"Thanks dad. I love you."
"I love you too Winter."
"And I love the both of you." We stood in a family hug for a while until cat pulled away.
"Dinner is ready." She says, and we all go out and eat the food.