Ryan- 8 (Winter Sick)

Ryans POV

Winter has an ear infection. He's only 2, but he's sick. It makes me so sad. He's been crying all day, and I hate it. Mostly because I don't know how to help. We've tried everything to get him to stop crying. Nothing is working. We've tried distractions, medicine, bath, toys, songs, everything. Me and Cat are just done. I want to help my baby, but I don't know how, and it's stressing me out. I put Winter down for bed early, hoping that will work, and tomorrow will be better. I'm just so done with today that I go sit down on the couch. I can feel I'm about to break down. I take off my glasses and cover my face with my hands. Cat walks over to me when she notices I'm not ok.
"Hey, you're ok." She says, sitting beside me. I shake my head no, and break down crying.
"Aww, baby, it's ok." Cat says, pulling me into a hug.
"I-I just want to h-help my baby boy." I cry.
"I know Ry. I do to." Cat says. My breath starts hitching, and my heart rate is increasing rapidly.
"Shhh, it's ok, I'm right here." Cat says, trying to calm me down.
"I feel like I'm gonna pass out!" I cry.
"You're not baby, you're ok. Just settle down, I'm right here, I'm not leaving." Cat starts rubbing my back gently, letting me refocus and relax.
"See, there you go." Cat encourages. "Just breathe in through your nose, out through your mouth."
"I can't! It's not working!" I cry.
"Hey, you're ok. I'm right here. Look at me." Cat says. I look up at her with blurred vision from my tears. She starts breathing very slowly, in and out. It takes me a moment, but I finally relax.
"There ya go." Cat finishes as I calm down.
"I'm such a bad parent." I say, still trying to relax.
"Don't you dare tell yourself that." Cat says. "You are such a great parent and you know that."
"I know.. but when stuff like this happens I don't feel like I am." I say, wiping the tears off my face.
"Here, lay down on the couch." Cat suggests. I lay down on the couch, when we hear Winter crying yet again. I start crying again, and Cat shushes me and says,
"I'll get him, just breathe." I love her so much. I ruffle a blanket behind my head, and try to relax and breathe. Cat comes back with Winter on her hip. Winter looked so adorable, with his blanket in his hand and his soother in his mouth. I smile.
"I thought family sleep time might work." Cat says. I nod, smiling. Cat places Winter on my chest, and I wrap my arm around him so he doesn't fall off of me. Winter snuggles into me as Cat lays on the other side of me, right beside the back of the couch. I wrap my arm around her too, and we all fall asleep.