Winter and Soleil- 1 (Thunderstorm)

Ryans POV

We put the kids to bed around 8:30 like normal. They went to bed slightly nervous, because it's pouring rain outside. We heard some thunder before we put the kids down, but that was supposed to stop. I crawl into bed beside Cat and turn on the lamp beside me. I pull out my phone and go to Instagram. I'm not that tired yet, and it's only 9:00. Way to early to fall asleep. The thunder and lightning rages on outside. I hope the kids stay asleep. Well, I guess it doesn't matter cause they don't have school tomorrow. The thunder seems to be getting closer and louder. I hear the kids are awake in their room, but I don't know if they'll come out. I hear one really loud grumble of thunder and the kids come running into our room. Soleil and Winter come over to my side of the bed and climb up. Soleil sits beside me and Winter sits in between me and Cat.
"It's scary." Soleil says.
"I know baby. It's ok." I respond. I wrap my arm around her and pull her close to me.
"One of our books fell off our shelf because the thunder was rumbling. It was scary." Winter says. The thunder grumbles again, scaring the kids. They snuggle into me, trying to hide from the thunder.
"Shhhh, it's ok." I say, holding them tight. It was as if they just needed to be near me and me to be holding them for them to feel safe. That was a pretty cool feeling. The thunder grumbles again, and both kids start crying. I pull both of them into my chest and hug them tight. Soleil starts breathing super quickly, and I move my hand so I can feel her heartbeat. It's going so fast.
"Woah, baby girl, you're ok." I say. Cat scoots over to us and rubs Winters back.
"It's ok." Cat adds. I need to get Soleil's breathing back to normal.
"Little light-bug, can you focus on your breathing?" I ask. She shakes her head no.
"Alright. Well, daddy's here, you'll be ok." I say. She starts shaking, so I have to think of another idea to calm her down. Music. Obviously. I started singing Dear Winter. Soleil knows I wrote it for Winter, but she knows it applies to her too. After a moment, both kids start to settle down. By the time I was done the song, both kids were fast asleep. I smile and look at Cat.
"That didn't take them very long." She says.
"I know. I'm so good at this!" I say smirking. I pull the blanket over the kids and take off my glasses. I put them on the bedside table, careful not to wake the kids up. I turn off the light beside me and wrap my arms around them again. I fell asleep shortly after.

__________________
A/N- Hey everyone! I hope you liked that story. I have a question for you- which stories do you like better? The ones where one of the brothers panics, and either a brother or a girlfriend calms them down? Do you like the girlfriend stories, or do you like the kid stories?
Please let me know! I want to make sure the people that read my stories get what stories they want to read.
Thank you so much for reading too, it means a lot!