Meeting Cassie

Chapter Twenty-Five... Meeting Cassie

It had been a week since I'd learnt that Lance was dying. And I couldn't get him off of my mind. I felt for Cameron, who felt totally helpless. There must be something we can do he kept telling me. Unfortunately, there wasn't.

We finally got the carpet laid in the bedrooms. Becca was now in her new room, and she loved it. I was impressed with how it turned out. Addy was also in her room, too. She just needed a few new things to add to her room, but she was only two weeks off of one, so I'm pretty sure she doesn't really care.

As for the triplets' room... well, it's painted. But the furniture we do have is all just stashed in there. The extra rooms we're having built on are halfway there... honestly, I can't wait until at least that's done...

I awoke to Becca poking me.

"Mommy get up!" Becca cackled.

"Bec? Go back to bed," I groaned.

"Daddy said to wake up mommy," Becca said honestly. "Addy's walking around in the kitchen, and daddy's making breakfast."

"Addy always walks around, bub," I said, sitting up.

"Mom, come on!" Becca pleaded. "Please? Uncle Lance is here."

"He is?" I asked.

"That's why daddy wants you awake," she giggled, then took off down the hallway. I couldn't help but smile, and if I wasn't twenty-five weeks pregnant, I would have chased her down the hallway.

I strolled into the kitchen, still tired. Cameron looked up from the pancakes he was making, and smiled.

"Becca managed to get you out of bed?" he asked.

"Yeah, just," I answered, giving a weak smirk.

"Good morning, Rosie," Lance greeted me. "How are my little nephews doing in there? And whatever the other little guy is, how's it going?"

"They're all fine," I smiled. "Kicking a little bit, now they've all woken up. How's my little nephew doing?" I asked.

"He's going great, or so Cass tells me," Lance smiled. "She will be here today. You'll get to meet her. She's gonna need you all when I'm gone."

"Where are you going?" Becca asked.

"Uncle Lance has to... go away," he said hesitantly. "But... I'll always be watching over you and Addison."

"Are you going on a plane?" Becca asked, frowning.

"No, he's just... going away," I said, giving Lance a bit of a glare. Becca was hard to explain things to. I could see her being one of those children who doesn't understand death, and loss.

"Will you be coming back?" Becca then asked.

"Becca, eat those pancakes daddy just put on your plate," I said, changing the subject. "And please, Lance, don't let her ask you anything else," I whispered in his ear. He nodded.

"Okay, mom," Becca answered. "Come on, Uncle Lance, let's have breakfast."

"What about your sister?" Lance asked Becca.

"Addy, come on!" Becca said, and Addy slowly walked over to Becca. Lance picked them up and sat Addy in her high chair, and Becca in her chair at the table that made her sit higher than normal.