Hospitalized

Chapter Nine... Hospitalized

Week thirty-four came around really quickly. I'd never expected to have a mild freak-out about having the baby, but hell, life tends to throw weird things my way.

"Oh, I'm not ready!" I cried at an unsuspecting Cameron. "I have a daughter, and now we're gonna have two kids! Oh, God!"

"Rose, calm yourself," Cameron said sternly.

"No!" I shrieked. "I won't calm down! I'm freaking out! Six weeks, Cam!"

"Yes, six weeks and the little baby boy we've been waiting for will be here," Cameron sighed. He usually just let me rant when I had a freak-out.

"I know, but I still know we're not ready!" I wailed.

"You never freaked out like this when you were pregnant with Becca," Cameron frowned. "What is making you act like this?"

"I don't know," I sobbed. "I just woke up and thought "Oh, my God. In six weeks I'll have two of them! What happens when you're off at work, and I go into labour? Or when he's here, and he's crying and needing feeding and changing and Becca's running around rebelliously? I can't control that!"

"Rose, you need to relax!" Cameron said loudly, grabbing a hold of me and looking me in the eye.

I took a deep breath. I'd been walking around our bedroom ranting for about ten minutes about my fears. Cameron was trying to be reasonable, but he was clearly annoyed at me.

"You'll put yourself into early labour if you keep on going," Cameron said calmly. "We don't have to worry about this stuff just yet. It's still over a month away, honey."

"I'm not ready for two kids," I whispered, tears welling in my eyes. "I'm freaking out, I know!"

"Yeah, well wait until he's actually here," Cameron groaned.

I frowned at him and then stormed out of the room. I could hear Becca talking to herself like she did every morning, so I went into her room. She had her cast taken off just the day before, but she tried to pull it off several times when it itched. She even painted on it, though because it was her left arm and she was left-handed, it turned out a bit blurry.

"Mom, I'm hungry," she said when I entered her room.

"Good morning to you, Becca," I smiled weakly. "How about you go get daddy and get him to go make some breakfast for us, okay."

"Yeah!" she squealed, running down the hallway.

"Don't fall over and hurt your arm!" I shouted after her.

She was energetic, but I couldn't help but once again fear that I'd struggle to look after her and her brother when he arrived...

I shook it off, knowing I'd go into a rant like I did this morning. I decided to take a hot shower and calm myself, not that it was cold. I stepped into the shower, feeling a little bit dizzy. This was weird... even when I felt dizzy, it was never like this. Everything felt so surreal, and everything appeared blurry.

I took a deep breath, stepping under the running water of the shower...