As We Pack For A New Future, We Remember Our Old Past...

Chapter Thirty-Three... As We Pack For A New Future, We Remember Our Old Past...

Cameron and I had been together for almost eight years. I was thirteen when we first met, and we went to school together. Our school was junior high combined with high school. No idea why, but apparently that was just how they had designed it...

As I packed all of Addy's room up, I found a teddy bear that Cameron had given me when I was thirteen, and it reminded me of the day we first met.

*Eight Years Before...*

"I cannot believe we're in junior high," Kimmi grinned as we stood at the gates of the enormous school.

"I feel nauseous," I sighed, looking at the large school. "There are... high schoolers... here too... I feel so nauseous."

"Oh, cheer up Rose," Kimmi grinned. "Come on!"

"Yeah, Rosie," Leah smiled. "Don't be scared."

"I'll uh... I'll meet up with you two later on..." I gasped. "I'm gonna go find Jen."

"Okay," Kimmi sighed, rolling her eyes.

I walked through the gates, looking around nervously. So many older students looked at me as I walked past them; they made me feel so tiny! I walked past a group of older girls, one of them laughing at me.

"Oh, look at the kid!" the girl laughed. "What? Are you lost?"

"No," I snorted. "I'm looking for someone."

"Like we care," the girl laughed.

"Amelia!" a voice spoke. "Leave her alone! How would you like it if some big ninth grader came up and started picking on you if you were her?"

"Oh, go away Cameron!" Amelia hissed. "Always gotta protect the young ones, don't you?!"

"Grow up," Cameron replied, frowning.

Amelia opened her mouth to say something, but then closed it again. She walked over to her friends, and they all gathered their bags and left. I turned to walk away, but then stopped and turned towards the older boy who stood up for me.

"Hey, thanks for helping me out," I smiled. "I'm not used to these older girls picking on me. Other than my sister Jen, but..."

"It's no problem," he grinned. "I'm Cameron, by the way. Cameron Baker."

"Rose Fisher," I replied with a weak smile. "Are you a senior?"

"Ha, close," he laughed. "I'm actually only sixteen."

"You're only a sophomore?" I asked in surprise. "Wow. You look a lot older than that."

"I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing," he chuckled.

"Oh, it's definitely a good thing," I winked.

"So you're only in the seventh grade?" he asked. "You're only young! But... you look a lot older."

"Uhm... thanks," I replied. "Well, I guess I'd better go find my sister... She's really one of the only people I know here. And my friends have disappeared..."