The Mother Of All Hangovers

Chapter Twelve... The Mother Of All Hangovers

I awoke on the grass in the middle of the back yard. Cameron was next to me, arms around my waist. The cold winter morning frost had awoken me, and I realised that we now had blankets piled on top of us. I barely remembered collecting blankets, so I figured that either Cameron collected them or our sisters decided we would get too cold. I was glad, either way, because it started to snow again just as I woke.

"Cam?" I whispered, running my warm fingers along his chest.

Ouch! My head hurt... Must've drank too much the night before.

"Huh?" Cameron groaned, but staying put.

"Cam, it's starting to snow," I chuckled.

"So?" he replied.

"So we're outside," I chuckled, my head throbbing even more as I did that.

Cameron sat up instantly.

"Oh, ow!" he sighed. "Hangover, much?"

"Yeah," I frowned, standing up and wrapping a couple of blankets around me. We were also laying under a few blankets...

"How did we get blankets?" he asked, following suit. "I don't remember getting them..."

"I think Jenna and Sarah did it," I smiled. "Luckily... or we would've frozen to death."

We walked into the kitchen to find Jenna and Sarah giggling. I frowned at them, and their little giggles turned into big, belly laughs.

"How did you two sleep?" Jenna giggled.

"Thanks for the blankets, Jen," I said simply.

"No worries," she replied. "You two slept in the snow!"

"I don't remember being cold," I said truthfully, frowning.

"Well, we saw you'd fallen asleep, so we took the blankets out to you because you would've frozen," Sarah interjected.

"Yeah, and we thought that we could maybe drag you inside, but you're too heavy, Cam," Jenna laughed. "And Rose... you kick in your sleep when people touch you."

"No, I don't!" I frowned, "Cam's never complained before about it, so it mustn't be true!"

"I didn't wanna hurt your feelings," Cameron admitted, looking away from me shyly.

I used my fist to throw a playful punch at his arm.

"Cam!" I groaned. "What happened to being honest?!"

"Well, it doesn't bother me," he smiled. "You don't wake me up anymore, but you used to. And I'm used to it. I find it endearing. It's like you're protecting yourself."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah," he shrugged. "I love you a lot."

"And I love you too," I grinned.

Jenna made a gagging noise, and I looked at her with a scowl. She recoiled whilst Sarah laughed.

"We're gonna go babysit our nieces," Sarah announced. "Mom and dad are taking your parents to lunch and that, so we offered to babysit."

"Yep," Jenna smiled.