22. Brisbane, Australia

Chapter Twenty-Two... Brisbane, Australia

When we arrived by plane into Brisbane, Australia, I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. I took the kids through airport security before we walked out of the front of the airport.

It was ten o clock in the morning of the following day from when we'd left Seattle. Time difference... confusing! And I had to ring Cameron as I had no idea where I was going. He rang for a taxi to come and pick us up. So when the taxi arrived, I could only hope that the driver knew where he was going, because I surely didn't.

Cameron was surprised that we'd followed him to Australia, but grateful, too. Or so he'd said so on the phone.

I buckled all of the kids into a 'maxi taxi', which was a big taxi. And since there were seven of us, we needed a big taxi. The driver was friendly, taking us straight to Sarah's house in one of the suburbs of Brisbane with ease.

When we arrived at Sarah's house, I took all of the kids and all of our belongings out of the taxi. Becca ran out onto the front lawn, smiling.

"Mom! It's so sunny here!" she grinned brightly.

"I was expecting it to be cold, since it's winter," I chuckled.

"Me, too," she laughed, kicking off her shoes and running barefoot.

Sometimes I didn't get that child.

Once I handed Emily over to Becca when she finally put her shoes back on, I gathered all of our things and walked up to the front door. When I knocked, Sarah answered.

"Rosie!" she squealed. "Hi!"

"Hey!" I grinned. "I'd hug you, but uh..."

"Oh, well drop your stuff in the hall," she smiled. "Come on, kiddies. Oh, I forgot there are six of them now! What's your new little girl's name again?"

"Emily," I smiled as I set everything down on the floor. I turned and hugged Sarah.

"I miss you, Rose," Sarah sighed as she let me go.

"Me, too," I smiled weakly, taking Emily from Becca and handing her to Sarah. "Kids, come on. Let's go find daddy."

"Cam's in the kitchen," Sarah told me. "Through that door over there. He's with Lance."

"Okay, thanks," I grinned, taking Lily's hand.

When we entered the kitchen, Cameron wrapped his arms around me so quickly... I didn't know what was happening.

"I missed you in that day, you know," he whispered in my ear. "I love you."

"Man, I wish Cass and the kids came, too," Lance sighed. "But it is good to see you, Rose. Been a long time, hey! Keep telling Cass we'll have to visit the parents one day, and then you guys."

"I've missed you too, Lance," I chuckled.

"Kids, let's go out the back and see Aunty Sarah's puppy," Lance grinned. "Give your mommy and daddy a chance to talk."

After Lance led the kids outside, I turned to Cameron.