Time To Move

Chapter Five... Time To Move

Week eighteen arrived quickly, and I was in the process of packing. We had ultimately decided to move to a bigger apartment, but instead we got lucky and found a house. A house!

I was so excited, I could barely contain my smile as I put all of Becca's toys into a box. She rarely played with these ones, but of course, because I wanted them neat, she sat there on the floor, pulling them out agin.

"Becca!" I pleaded as she tipped out the entire contents of one box. "You have a thousand other toys in the living room and so you decide you want the ones I've packed."

"Mine," she simply said, grabbing a teddy bear and walking away.

I groaned, then repacked the things back into the box and quickly taped it up tight. But, if she really wanted to, she'd get into it. She was a clever little kid... sometimes too clever for her own good!

I managed to get a lot of Becca's toys into boxes without her getting into them, but then she came into her room just as I taped up the last box.

"Mommy, when's daddy home?" she said, looking around. "Where's Anna?"

"Daddy will be home soon," I smiled. "And Anna's in daddy's car. Remember? You left her there yesterday."

"I want Anna!" she suddenly squealed.

"You can't have Anna, sweetie," I tried to reason. Very difficult with a two year old... "She's not here. Daddy's got her."

"No! I want her!" Becca wailed.

"Becca, calm down," I said calmly. "Daddy will be home soon, and he has Anna. So you can have her then, okay."

"No!" she stubbornly answered. "NOW!"

"Rebecca, no!" I said, getting angry now. I hated when she chucked a tantrum over the stupidest things...

"My Anna!" Becca screamed, tears and all. "Nooooo!"

I rolled my eyes.

"You're not gonna get her if you keep that up, Becca," I said sternly. "Now go play with one of your other toys and stop throwing tantrums. Or I'll tell daddy to leave Anna at work."

"No, I want my Anna!" she cried. "Daddy!"

Becca had a tendency to pull the 'daddy' card whenever she didn't get her own way with me. And it really pissed me off when Cameron would give her whatever she wanted. Which was often. I would yell at him, telling him she's never gonna learn if she gets everything she wants.

And then he'd apologise, but he'd always do it again.

"Becca, you stay in here until you stop being naughty, okay?" I said, frustrated. "Or else you won't get Anna. I'll send her away."

"NO!" Becca snapped, slapping my hand.

"Rebecca, you don't hit people!" I said, smacking her and shutting her bedroom door. She screamed and cried for about ten minutes, but she always did this.

I hated smacking her, and I hated yelling at her. But I hated when she would throw tantrums too. It was hard, but I knew that I'd get lectured from Cameron. He was anti-punishment when it came to her doll, Anna. But I stood firm that if she was acting up, I'd punish her.