Life Is Unpredictable

Chapter Thirty-Five... Life Is Unpredictable

I had chosen to celebrate my twenty-first birthday in what was a more... family... celebration. And this was partly due to the fact I was a mother of five, my triplets were only two months old, and I was happier to have an intimate family party rather than a massive raging party like most women do when they're coming of legal age.

We had a nice family barbeque for lunch, and Cameron had organised for us all to have dinner at a fancy restaurant I'd never been to called Grisso's. I was excited, and Becca was pretty keen, too. Addy dragged Becca's doll Anna along with us, and the whole car ride there I could see Becca glaring at her younger sister, clearly annoyed.

I guess that Becca was still attached to the doll...

We arrived at the restaurant and walked inside to see it was an amazingly elegant place. Chandeliers hung from the roof of the two-storey restaurant, and fancy stairs escalated to the second storey from the first. Glass railings with gold trimmings were used on the second storey to stop people from falling over the edge.

A waitress took us to a large table that seated all of us. The triplets were asleep in their pram, and Becca took her seat next to me, and Cameron placed Addy in a high chair the restaurant had there. She got angry when Cameron took Anna and sat the doll on the floor next to the pram.

Everybody sat down, and I smiled.

My birthday wasn't until the next day, but I had other plans for the next day with my amazing husband and my beautiful children.

"Thanks for all coming over today," I grinned. "And for coming out tonight. I hope this place is nice. I've never actually been here before."

"Nice, Rosie," Jenna chuckled.

"Shut up, Jen!" Sarah hissed. "This place is good. I've been here before."

"You have?" Cameron asked. "With who?"

"A person," Sarah laughed, blushing.

"As in... a guy?" Lance asked.

"Maybe," Sarah whispered, hiding behind the menu that was in front of her.

"Ooh!" Lance and Cameron both said at once.

"Oh, will you girls back off!" Jenna interjected. "Leave poor ickle Sar Sar alone..."

"I think you've got a fan over here," Cassie chuckled, nudging Jenna, who was sitting next to her.

"Oh, yeah right!' Jenna laughed. "Engaged, remember?"

"It's nothing until you're married, Jen," I giggled.

"I cannot believe I'm related to you people..." Jenna sighed.

"Oh, lighten up, Jen Jen," Sarah smirked. "You can make fun of everyone, but when the target's on you, you can't handle it?!"

"Let's... order?" I suggested, hoping for a subject change.

I knew that if Sarah and Jenna started arguing, they would argue forever. You would think they were sisters the way they carried on sometimes. But I suppose they have known each other for years, were friends in school despite being in different years, and when Cameron would come to my house he'd bring a curious Sarah. And I would take Jenna to his house.