14. How Do I Deal With This?!

Chapter Fourteen... How Do I Deal With This?!

It was a nice Sunday morning, and we were taking all of the kids to the park for a picnic lunch and so that they could play on the equipment in the park. Ryder and Addy seemed to be the most excited, and I worried that the triplets were up to something naughty. Becca was keen, but she was more excited for the movie date she had with Noah and Noah's father, plus Cameron. Too cute, I say.

"Mommy, let's go!" Ryder shouted at Rachel stubbornly. "I wanna go to the park!"

"Ryder, don't be impatient," Rachel sighed. "Rose, can you watch him while I go finish getting ready. He's likely to slip out the front door if he gets the chance."

"Sure," I smiled.

"Mommy, the boys have gots balloons in their pockets," Lily wailed.

"Where did they get balloons?" I frowned.

"From Uncle Nathan's bag," Lily answered.

"Hey, Nath?!" I called loudly over the chaos of the six noisy kids.

"Rose, I'm kind of busy here," Nathan groaned, and the boys laughed as they ran away from him. Ryder started running with them. "Woah, they have some energy, your boys," he added, coming to a halt in front of me.

"Do you have balloons in your bag?" I asked.

"No, not balloons..." Nathan said, frowning.

"Condoms?" I frowned.

"Yeah," he muttered.

"Okay, well Lily said that Ethan and Zane have them in their pockets," I whispered. "Please. Get them back."

"I thought I hid them..." he sighed, walking away.

"Oh, jeez," I groaned.

I walked into the hallway to see Nathan taking back the "balloons" from the boys. Ethan didn't mind, but Zane started crying. Lily walked up and harshly shoved him, then ran away laughing. Zane leapt to his feet and took off after her down the hallway.

"Mom!" Lily squealed, running through the kitchen. "Help!"

"Kids!" I cried. "Calm down!"

"Woah, what did we feed them all last night?" Nathan joked.

"God, too much sugar apparently," I frowned.

"Where's Addy?" Cameron asked, stumbling into the kitchen. "Okay, well we're all ready to go when the kids calm down!"

"Addy was here a second ago," I answered. "Don't know where she went. She was arguing with Ryder over... something about a swing..."

"Find Ryder, find Addy," Nathan said, scooping up Ethan in one arm, and Zane in the other.

"Get the kids to the car, Rose," Cameron instructed. "Or else we're gonna be stuck here all day with them all running around the house."

"Okay, okay," I muttered, grabbing Lily's hand as she was running past.

I managed to get Lily, Ethan, Zane and Becca into the car easily. Addy and Ryder sat on the front lawn bickering about who would get to go on the swing first, who would get the biggest sandwich, and who would win when they raced across the park. Addy had the age advantage, but little Ryder was fast...