A 23rd To Remember

Chapter Eleven... A 23rd Birthday To Remember

As much as our little family seemed to be falling out of shape at the very start, it wasn't long before we'd adjusted and we could manage both Becca and Addy together quite well. Of course, our routines had to change, as did a lot of things. Becca finally grew to understand that she couldn't be the centre of attention as much as she could have before, and the fact that I sent her to live with my mother for a week when she got really out of hand probably helped.

Addy was six months old now, and it wouldn't be long before she was walking and talking... Scary thoughts. But when she was only a month old, Becca pushed her pram down the steps at the front of our house...

*Five Months Before...*

It was a Monday morning. Becca had annoyingly woken up in a foul mood, much to my dismay. Cameron was away for work again, so I was left to deal with that all day, and to try and take care of Addy, who happened to have bad wind.

Stressful. Yes.

And Becca's tantrums didn't help.

When we couldn't find Anna, she threw Addy's blanket into the mud. I sent her to her room. When we found Anna, I told Becca she couldn't have her until the next day because she'd been being naughty. Her response was to call me a 'bitch' and slap me. I punished her again by smacking her and sending her to her room.

But after a while, it was time to take her to daycare. She whinged she didn't want to go, so I grabbed her by the arm and dragged her out the door. When I sat Addy's pram outside the door, I turned to lock the house up.

And as I turned around, Becca had pushed Addy's pram down the five stairs at our house.

I quickly grasped the handle of the pram before it could topple over. Addy was restrained in there, but she had been asleep and now her screams echoed across the yard. My heart was racing phoenomenonally, and I felt shaky. I grasped Becca by the arm, dragging her back inside and sending her to her room once again.

It took me almost an hour to settle Addy back down again. I had called my mom just after Becca's stupidity, and she had agreed to take my mysteriously ill-behaved child for the week. I wasn't in the mood to deal with her crap, to be honest. It was hard for her, yes. But she didn't need to be throwing tantrums and putting her sister's life at risk!

As mom arrived, things got ugly.

"Becca, nanny's gonna take you on a holiday!" mom announced as she walked into her room.

"Get stuffed!" Becca snarled.

"Where did she learn that attitude?" mom asked, eyeing me.

"It's the latest in a series of annoying jealous rages," I sighed. "She's getting dangerous, mom. She sent Addison's pram down the stairs this morning!"

"I know," mom smiled. "Well coming with nanny is not a choice, Rebecca."

"No, I'm not going!" Becca cried.