Part 31

I just spent an hour and a half sitting on my floor drawing, and now my ass hurts. Pics of what I drew are up at the top in case u cared. Second one isn't finished
-

Taehyung knew he shouldn't, but he felt like owed Jimin an explanation.

He hated how he just wanted to jump into Jimin's arms and never leave, because he was still healing and scared that he'd be broken again.

But, there was also the part of him that was weak to the charming smiles and the cute habits, and the way Jimin babied him. He had missed it.

"Something on your mind, Taehyungie?"

Ah, right. He was on a date, not the time to think of another man. He almost snorted at himself, "I'm fine Hyungie. Just a bit distracted."

Namjoon grinned, "That's okay. I was asking how the food was."

"Oh. It's really good Hyung!" Taehyung smiled, "Thanks for taking me out, I feel like it's been forever since I've seen you."

"It has! Way too long!" Namjoon agreed. He took a sip of wine before he smirked, "You know, Hoseok and I had been fighting over who got to see you first."

Taehyung blushed slightly, a little endeared.

"We flipped a coin, and I won." Namjoon looked so proud of himself, like he had accomplished something extraordinary.

"Well no matter who won, I would've been happy."

"Aw come on! Cant you pretend to like me more?" Namjoon was pouting, and it wasn't something Taehyung was used to seeing.

Fuck, he was a weak man, "Okay okay fine. But just for today."

Namjoon cheered, almost knocking over his glass of wine, "Yes! I don't even care that I just probably stained a white shirt with red wine!"

He giggled, covering his mouth with his hand.

"Pretty," He heard Namjoon absentmindedly mutter.

Taehyung coughed, after choking on the bite of steak he had taken. He cleared his throat awkwardly, blushing.

"Sorry sorry. It just slipped out, you look pretty."

Taehyung waved him off, downing the rest of his drink. He got the waiters attention quickly after waving like a maniac and asked for more water, eyes a little teary from choking.

"Clumsy."

"Says you!" Taehyung accused easily, finger pointed at the elder threateningly, "You're the one who always broke everything!"

"Pftt," Namjoon scoffed, "Name one thing I br-Don't answer that, I just thought if at least 40 things."

"That's an understatement if I've ever heard one," Taehyung said a quick thank you to the waiter that handed him more water before he sighed, "Hyung I wish I liked alcohol."

Namjoon swirled the remaining wine in the glass, "Why's that?"

"Because then I'd feel less awkward," He internally groaned at himself, could he any be worse at communicating? "Not that I'm awkward around you specifically, it's just the whole 'I haven't really socialized with anyone but Bogum and Jisoo in like a year' thing."

Namjoon shook his head fondly, "That's okay Taehyung-ah. I wouldn't be mad even if it was a me thing, I get it."

"Thank you," he sighed in relief, "I just- Oh cake! Who ordered cake?" Taehyung said when a plate of vanilla cake with strawberries was placed in front of him. He forgot what he was about to say in favor of grabbing a fork and digging in, not waiting for an explanation. It was cake, what was he supposed to to? Stare at it?

"I ordered cake," Namjoon laughed, "When you were spacing out. Taehyungie you didn't even finish your dinner, why don't you save the cake for after?"

Taehyung sent him a heated glare and pushed his dinner away while pulling the cake closer, protectively, "My cake."

"Okay okay," Namjoon held his hands up in surrender, "Your cake."

The younger nodded, satisfied. He was still smiling as he shoved another forkful of cake into his mouth, ignoring the red that was now smeared all over his face.

"Taehyung," Namjoon grinned, fond, "Wipe your face, beautiful. You have strawberry sauce all over it."

He blamed his cheeks being red on the strawberries as he took his fancy napkin (why couldn't they just give him a regular napkin? The fancy ones don't work!) and furiously scrubbed his face.

"Stop stop," Namjoon chuckled. He reached across the table after fondly shaking his head, "here, let me do it. You'll hurt yourself."

"No I won't!" Taehyung protested.

"Please let me do it?"

"Fine. But only because I'm lazy and I don't wanna," Taehyung noticed the similarities with how Namjoon and Jimin were acting recently. They both treated him like he was going to break any second. Like glass, fragile. He found he didn't entirely hate it, however annoying it could sometimes be.

"Enjoying your meal?" The waiter came over with a smile, "I hope everything is satisfactory."

"Beyond," Namjoon spoke without looking away from Taehyung. He was still delicately wiping off his face. "Thank you."

"You are most welcome," He was cute, he looked to be about 19. He was clearly still new to the job, if the way other, older waiters hovered had anything to do with it. "Would you like your plates cleared? A box, perhaps?"

"Taehyung-ah?" Namjoon had placed the napkin to his side, before folding his hands and resting his head on them.

Taehyung hummed in thought, "I'd like a box please!"

"Very well then. You sir?"

"I'm okay, thank you."

"I'll be right back with the check and a singular box." The waiter winked as he left, but not flirty, more jokingly.

"So what's next?" Taehyung asked excitedly, fiddling in his seat.

"I thought that maybe a little late night shopping would suffice?"

Namjoon paid when their bill was delivered, though Taehyung had left the tip. Namjoon had also tried to pay for that, but was shushed when Taehyung threatened to not go out with him again.

Their hands accidentally brushed as they walked around the mall, however cliche it was. Namjoon hesitantly intertwined their fingers.

Taehyung let it be, the weight of the elder's hand in his own comforting.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, letting them back in. As long as they stayed genuine.

-

1030 words hoes

I got a letter from my state telling me I either got a much higher then average psat score, or I am just super smart. Idk I can't understand the letter, it's all fancy talk. Anyways, Idk what to do with myself now

Stay safe and healthy <3

Anyways, bye bye <33!!