Part 45

Taehyungie <3
I just ran into Jin
I don't even know what to do with myself
He couldn't even look me in th eye
What ththe fyck

Kookieee
Oh
Um
That's not surprising, he can't even handle a conversation with you in it
Are you okay though? He didn't like...say anything did he?

No
I mean, yes, but nothing bad
and yeah, m fine
100% fine

Wher are you?

5th
I cwnt brsth

[Kookieee is calling. Would you like to accept?]
[Yes or No]

"I'm on my way baby, I'll be right there," Jungkook said into the phone, pulling on his shoes as fast as he could.

"I do-don't know wha-what to do." Taehyung's voice was shaky, and he took a few deep breaths every few seconds. Jungkook knew he was crying, he knew that Taehyung was probably sitting down with his knees clutched to his chest. He knew that Taehyung's hands were trembling as he held the phone up.

"Just breathe, okay? I'll be right there." Jungkook was panicking, he hadn't dealt with a crying Taehyung in over a year, and he didn't know if Taehyung would feel comfortable with him helping. "I'll be right there baby, I promise." He climbed into his car and put his phone on speaker and into the cup holder haphazardly, not bothering to buckle as he sped out of his driveway and took a sharp left.

"I-I-"

"Breathe baby, do you want me to call Jimin?"

"N-no! Don't-don't hang up, pl-please."

Jungkook nodded, even though Taehyung couldn't see him, "Okay, okay, I won't." He was thankful there were rarely ever cars on the street at night where they lived, it made breaking the speed limit by 15 a lot easier, albeit no less dangerous.

The 15 minute drive was cut by more than half, Jungkook rambling about whatever he thought would calm Taehyung down the whole way.

He didn't bother parking well or turning off the car before he sprinted out, phone in hand to help him find Taehyung, "Baby where are you?"

"I d-don't know, it's dark 'n I can-cant see."

Jungkook frowned, turning on his flashlight, "That's okay, can you tell me where you last remember being?"

"Across f-from the store."

"Good, I'm here too." Jungkook was right across as well, Taehyung must be in an alley or something.

He twirled around when he heard sniffling, echoing into his phone a second after. He shoved his phone into his pocket and sighed in relief when he spotted the small figure curled up in th middle of the alley right next to him.

Taehyung clung to him the second Jungkook knelt down, and cried into his chest, "It h-hurts."

Jungkook pulled him into his lap, fingers combing through the smaller's unruly hair, "I know, I'm so sorry."

Taehyung sniffled loudly and gross, which made them both smile a bit. He hiccuped as he buried his head into Jungkook's chest more, letting his body relax, knowing the older was more then capable of holding both of their body weights.

"C'mon, I'll take you home," Jungkook whispered, once Taehyung had calmed significantly.

Taehyung looked up sharply, eyes wide and full of hesitance, "Can I come w-with you?"

Jungkook looked at him dumbly, brain short circuiting because Taehyung just asked him of all people if he could stay.

"Of course, if you want to."

"Yeah, I have to text Bogum first though, to tell him what uh..what happened." Taehyung looked down for his phone, eyes widening when he realized he was in Jungkook's lap, "Oh fuck, sorry. Uh, sorry," he scrambled off, smiling sheepishly.

"It's okay, promise," Jungkook grinned, holding out a hand, "Cmon, let's go. It's cold out."

Taehyung blushed, but took his hand anyways and let the elder buckle him in the car.

"Thank you," Taehyung muttered, fiddling with his phone. He texted Bogum vaguely about what happened, and didn't even have to wait a second for the elder to respond, saying that he understood and they could very easily reschedule their movie night, "For finding me. And letting me go with you."

"Of course Tae, you mean the world to me."

Taehyung smiled to himself, shyly playing with the ends of his shirt. He stayed silent the rest of the ride, content, especially when Jungkook reached over the center console and took one of his hands to intertwine their fingers.

"I said something today. To Jin," Jungkook mumbled as he put the car in park. The ride went to quick for his liking, he didn't want to pull his hand away, "Amd it made me realize that I haven't asked you, and it might to be too soon, but I think it'll be okay?"

"What? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Jungkook laughed, seeing Taehyung turn and get worked up, "I just realized that I haven't asked you to be my boyfriend yet."

"Oh."

Taehyung stared at him, mouth dropped. Oh.

Jimin hadn't even asked him yet. He was hoping the elder would soon, especially after Taehyung had told Jin they were boyfriends, but Jimin still hadn't asked.

"It's okay if you say no, I won't be hurt," Jungkook smiled, genuinely.

"No, of course I'm saying yes, I was just...shocked. Even Minnie hasn't asked yet."

It kind of made him sad, now that he really thought about it. Maybe Jimin didn't want to ask.

"Hey, you okay?"

Taehyung nodded, pushing himself to smile, "Yeah. Let's go, boyfriend."

"What a wonderful thing to hear, boyfriend."

They both snorted, before Jungkook led Taehyung inside.

Jungkook had moved, since they broke up, Taehyung noticed. He hadn't been paying attention to where they were driving.

"It's not much, but I'm not living with Hoseok anymore, so it's all me. Rent and stuff. It's pretty okay though."

Taehyung liked it, "It's cozy, and nice. It's you, pretty much. Especially with all the black accents, you know? Because you're so emo."

"I said I was emo one time! It was a phase!"

Taehyung giggled as he threw himself to the tan, l-shaped couch, landing with a soft thud.

"None of that, we're gonna go get ready to go to sleep. I know your routine is like 4 hours long."

"It takes 20 minutes, you asshat," Taehyung mumbled, but followed anyways, "You're lucky I love you."

Jungkook smiled, "I love you too, Tae."

-

1068 words

Please leave me comments :]