Part 37

"Jungkook-"

"Please-just-just hear me out!"

Taehyung shook his head, almost fond, "I'm not saying no. I'm trying to say yes."

"Oh...really?"

"Yes you idiot. It wouldn't be fair if I didn't give you a chance. Plus, I'll never pass up a free meal."

Jungkook let out a relived sigh, running a hand through his hair. It was sticking up in random spots because of his habit of tugging at it when nervous or worried, something Taehyung found rather endearing.

"So when are you free?"

With a hum, Taehyung set down his-now empty-ice cream container and searched for his phone, "Umm probably this Friday. Gummie's giving everyone the day off. Something about him stressing everyone out with the workload lately."

"Shit, I've got a shift Friday. Does an early breakfast or really late dinner work?"

"As long as you're there and I'm not paying, I'm down for anything."

Jungkook gave him a smile, one tinged with shyness but also a hint of worry, and Taehyung positively wanted to melt in his chair. It's not fair, why was he just so cute?

"Taehyungie?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

He grinned, "Of course."

Jungkook left a bit after that, saying he'd rather die then face Hoseok at that moment, knowing the elder was more then pissed at him.

He had laughed and shooed the taller out the door, saying Hoseok would be here soon.

It was nice, talking to Jungkook.

"Delivery!"

He jumped, arms flailing as he scowled, "Not funny Hyung!" He yelled when he heard Hoseok cackling behind the door. The curtains were open, and Hoseok was leaning against one of the railings on the porch, smiling. Taehyung made a mental reminder to shut the curtains more.

"I believe these are yours."

Taehyung took the bag and peered into it, smiling when he saw a sweatshirt that he knew didn't belong to him.

"You seemed to like the other one, though you're not wearing it now-"

"Hyung it's like 80 degrees in here."

"-so I thought you'd like that one too. I can take it bac-"

"No!" Taehyung held the bag to his chest protectively, pouting. "You can't do that! You can't give me something and then take it back, that's mean."

"Well-"

"No. You're a meanie."

Hoseok leaned against the doorframe with a small smile, one that turned rather smug after a few seconds of silence, and Taehyung pouting in his direction, "Need something, sweetheart?"

"Well...wanna come in?"

"Jungkook still here?"

"Nope. Said he didn't wanna run into you."

"Good choice."

Hoseok followed Taehyung into the house, watching as the latter carelessly chucked the bag that held his stuff. He chuckled, but said nothing and settled next to Taehyung on the couch. His arm twitched with the effort to restrain himself from pulling the younger into his lap like he wanted, but he did keep to himself in the end, not wanting to make Taehyung uncomfortable.