Part 6

Taehyung woke up sweating, breathing heavy and clawing at his neck.

Bogum, who had walked in to wake him, swore before rushing towards him, "Hey, Taehyung, it's alright. It was just a nightmare, they're not here,"

His nightmares were all the same. Not the same exact dream everytime, but all the same idea, the same thing that scared him.

"T-they, Gummie they hurt, they hurt me," Taehyung gasped, clutching onto his shirt.

They had never laid a harmful hand on him in their relationship, ever. Not once. And he didn't think they would, at first.

But he also never thought they would leave him, and break him.

And gradually, his nightmares turned from regular, running from fake monsters bullshit nightmares, to his ex-boyfriends.

To them shouting at him. To them smiling as they called him a whore, a theif, a liar.

To them holding him back as Yoongi wrapped his hands around his neck.

"I'm here Taehyungie, I'm right here," Bogum mumbled, pulling the younger fully into his lap.

He didn't want to be scared of them. He didn't want to think they would hurt him. They never physically hurt him, he didn't want to believe they ever would.

But he couldn't help but think of Yoongi's warning, the one he gave before shoving the younger out into the freezing rain only a week before his birthday.

~~~~

Yoongi watched as he tripped into the puddle right by the road, scowl ever present.

His eyes were teary, but Taehyung couldn't see that through the rain.

He took a deep breath as Taehyung sat on his knees, clothes soaked thoroughly, "You show your face around me, around any of us, ever again, and I will choke the life out of you. You understand me?"

Taehyung looked at him with wide, confused eyes.

It angered him, "I asked if you understood?" His voice grew deeper, quieter, angrier.

Taehyung had never been on the receiving end of that voice, until now. It broke his already shattered heart.

Yoongi never hurt him, he was always the first one to comfort him.

"Y-Yoongi-"

"Do you understand?"

Taehyung froze when Yoongi squated down next to him, roughly grabbing his chin.

"I asked you a question,"

"Y-yes Yoongi,"

~~~~

"Gummie Hyung, why?" He sniffled.

"Because they don't think things through,"

"D-do you think they.."

"Regret it? I hope so. I hope they regret it until the day they die. Which may be soon, if I have anything to do with it,"

Taehyung let out a broken sob, "I don't w-want to be scared,"

Bogum sighed, wiping his tears. He didn't know what to say, so he settled on holding Taehyung in silence, trying to calm the younger.

Eventually, Taehyung gently tugged on his shirt sleepily, making him aware of how his eyes drooped and his head lolled back.