Chapter 28 (beware :( sad)

Heyy Wattpadians? How y'all doing? Sorry that my last chapter was kinda shit, but this one will be longer, more intense and sadder :( u'll c wat I mean, but I'm not very good at writing sad chapters, so let me know if u cry! Lol tee hee :)enjoyyyyy!!!!

Oh yeah, and thank you FANNERS:

Gaagoo     SammieDoe     jasmyne123     Rawwwwr     storm177    custoserver604     AllyLynn2014     jennafaith     camille199613     Monica2234     dream-write-hope

And Thank you VOTERS:

JadieBabiexxx     ashleykayla     CrazyWolfLover      Bethluvsu      Watt_obsessor     Pufflefan410     shy201     jade4568     melndjace     Bethluvsu     Rawwwwr     llizzzi     Bandia     Gemmie5

Anyway, I just read this seriously amazing book by AllyLynn2014 called "Always been a sucker for the bad boys (A Draco Malfoy Love Story)" and I think it's totally immense! So I think you should all go and check it out, because it's Sooo good, and not nearly as popular as it should be!

Thanks guyz!!!

Chapter 28

Addie's P.O.V

On Friday, I felt a lot more cheerful. Still a little wobbly inside, like all my emotions were stacked on a shelf that could collapse at any moment, but also slightly stronger, like I'd be able to withstand more this time. Strange, but better than that dead, empty feeling of despair that had welled inside me yesterday. Anything was better than that.

I dressed in bright, cheerful colours; stripy white and blue tights with blue short shorts, a white tank top and a pale blue sweater. For once, my nails weren't painted according to my mood; they were painted on how I wanted to feel, how I wanted everyone else to think I was feeling. I painted them my favourite shade of green.

I reached school on time, and all my friends came hurtling over. I grinned, feeling my heart lift at the sight of how much they cared. I stepped out the car, and Joe picked me up and swung me around like he hadn't seen me for years. I laughed, and Maria came and batted him out the way, hugging me tightly as Joe beamed at me over her shoulder. Maria leant back and Emily hugged me as well, chattering away to me so fast I couldn't catch any of it. I just laughed as Alan pecked me on the cheek and gave me a one-armed hug around Emily. Sammy punched me on the shoulder and yelled "SKIVER!", grinning so I knew he was joking.  Funesta and Luna were grinning at me brightly. As soon as everyone had stopped fussing over me, they came over and linked my arms through theirs. I beamed at them, and our chattering crowd made its way towards the building.

"Have you brought money for our shopping trip?" Luna said archly. I grinned.

"Of course. I seriously need some more nail varnish."

Funesta rolled her eyes. "You wear that stuff like there's no tomorrow."

"You never know." I teased.

No-one in my group mentioned the body, and I was glad. The happy chatter was cheering me up to no end, and I felt like I was getting stronger.

I saw Theo that day, in one of the lessons. I remembered that he was ignoring me, possibly mad at me, but then I saw him smile at me, and I basked in those good looks, feeling my heart pound and my cheeks lift in response. Ah, he always made me feel better.

But then he corrected his facial expression, like he had suddenly realised he wasn't allowed to smile at me. His face dropped and he stared studiously ahead at the teacher (yes, I was late. Again). I dropped my head as hurt and betrayal flickered through me like a flame licking my insides. For a moment, I wondered whether this meant he'd still want me to sit next to him, but he was sitting in our normal places, so I guess this meant we were still neighbours. I went and slid into my seat, quietly taking out my books. I risked a peek, and saw him smiling tenderly at me, softly. Love for him exploded in my chest, but I was confused by his actions.