Chapter 34 (It's THE Chapter! OMG! Enjoy!)

Heyy Wattpadians :) it’s THE CHAPTER :O OMG I am excited even though I know what its gonna be! Wait, didn’t I say no babble? I’ll shut up...

Wait, one thing: I’ve figured out how to put pictures up, so on this chapter and the one before (as some of you may have noticed) is a picture of Theo; isn’t he gorgeous?!? :D Ok, and another thing: Please read this awesome book by dream-write-hope:

 The mysterious Shifter: The beauty and Power within

It’s a very good book, but dream-write-hope currently has a computer virus, so chapters won’t be uploaded until that’s cleared up! Please read.

One last thing, I swear; Thank you music-songsters, I have taken ur suggestions to heart :) But I have a song planned for this chapter, so next time. This song is called Decode, by Paramore. It’s an awesome song, and it seriously goes with the chapter, it’s freaky! Listen to it!

Thank you FANS:

Softly1963     bostoncity123     megan15xo     ronitij     CrossMyHeartIDLie     Kassandra123   Penny2117    kay9318

And thank you, VOTERS:

Softly1963     ronitij     Penny2117   kay9318     YvetteMarzipanMassey     Bethluvsu     oso_sweet    CrazyWolfLover    

Love you all!! Enjoy!!!

Chapter  34

Addie’s P.O.V

Talking to Theo in the car wasn’t as awkward as it could’ve been. Considering Cherry had just admitted my secret to him, he was pleasant and acted normally.

“Addie...” he said after a little while of driving. “Do you have a father?”

“Why do you ask?” I said, surprised.

“Well... you talk about your mother, but you’ve never mentioned your father. And when your Mom went away, your Aunt and Uncle came to look after you. Why didn’t your father?” There was a small crease between his eyebrows.

“He disappeared.” I explained awkwardly, twisting my hands together. “When I was about two... he gave me this.” I showed him my moonstone. Theo stared into the white creamy depth that seemed to swirl like trailing cobwebs.

“He left? Did he die? Or... just leave?” Theo looked confused. It was a refreshing change from sympathy.

“I don’t know. Mom says he loved us very much, and he just went into the woods and never came back out. But she doesn’t think he’s dead...” I shook my head. “I don’t know what she thinks.” Pity for her weighed like a stone in my stomach.

“What do you think?”

“I don’t know. They never found his body, or any trace of a struggle. As horrible as it is... I reckon he left us.” I looked out the window.

“I’m sorry.” Theo said. “That doesn’t seem fair.”

I laughed bitterly. “It was his choice. I really hope I’m wrong, though.”

“I don’t blame you.” Theo said softly.

                                                                                 ~~~~

 After I’d gotten out his car, I hurried inside out of the freezing rain. The clock in the kitchen read one am. Shivering, I hurried to the bathroom and ran a steaming bath. The hot air made my thoughts turn to mush, but I didn’t need to think. I emptied a load of bath oil into it, and, still shivering, enveloped myself in the warm water. I shut my eyes as the hot steamy water washed over me, drowning out the aching shivers. I clutched my moonstone as my eyelids shut...