Chapter 29

"Ace, he is alright and in stable condition now" the doctor says. I let out a breath i didn't know I was holding. It was such a relief to know Ace, he is okay now. "Can I see him now?" I ask the doctor. "Yes you can" he replies. I turn to Jack, "see I told you Ash, he'd be alright. Ace is very stubborn and I knew he could not let you go" Jack says and I manage to crack a smile.

I rush inside the room, but trying to not disturb Ace. "Ash?" Ace calls out. "Ace" I say. He opens his eyes and looks at me. We started at each other for what seemed like forever, was just a minute. "Do you have any idea how you sucked the life out of me?" I say. "Yeah I can imagine" he chuckled. "Ace it's not funny, I'm serious. Why would you do something so stupid?" I say in a monotone. "We'll if I haven't, you'd get shot. It would have sucked the life out me then. I did what came to my mind right then and there. I'm sorry but I couldn't bear to even think of losing you again. Every second of the day felt like a burden, it hurt to just breathe. I had not think of it much back then, but I love you Ashley and I cannot live without you. Please I'd do anything, anything in this world for you to forgive me. Hell I'd take another bullet if you'd ask" Ace ranted. By the time he was done, I didn't even realize I was crying. 

"I forgive you Ace. I forgive you" I said while holding his hand tight. "All this time without you was miserable, all I wanted was to be with you and I'm sorry for what I did, the way I acted. I'm tried of running away from you when all I want to do is be with you" I say. Ace had the biggest smile on his face. 

"Let's do it right this time, no more secret's, no more lies. I promise" he said. "Yeah, I promise too" I say beaming at him. "But never ever scare me like that Ace , please" I say a bit more seriously. "What did you think? I'd let you go this easy?" He said winking at me. I smiled at him.

Soon later Jack came in and well we explained everything. He was just happy that we were together. "Gosh I don't think I can see any of you miserable anymore" he said sighing. "Lying and making up stuff to both of you wasn't easy" he said chuckling. "Thank you Jackson for being there. I really mean it" I said. "Always Ash. Always" he replied back. 

Ace had to be in the hospital for a couple more days to be kept under observation. I was there the whole time scared to leave his side. Wondering if his father would hunt him down. It was now a week later and today was the day Ace was getting discharged from the hospital. 

Jack comes bursting through the door, breathless. "Woah there" I said. "Everything good man?" Ace asked. "I- you" Jack tries to say, but couldn't get an entire sentence out. He kept looking between Ace and I. "Ash can we talk? Alone." Jack finally manages to say. "Uh no I want to know too" Ace replies. 

"Please?" Jack said again with pleading eyes. It seemed important. "Ace it's okay I'll be back I said." I leave the room with Jack. "What was all this about? What's wrong?" I say. "It's Ace's father " Jack says. He must have seen the mortified look on my face then quickly added. "No, he is not here". I visibly relax. "Then what is it?" I ask. "He, uh he didn't make it. The bullet that Ace shot. They couldn't save him" Jack says. My eyes were left wide open. I didn't know what to say, for this was the man who caused us so much trouble. The man who killed my parents, who killed Ace's mom. But Ace had the right to know. 

I went in the room, Jack following behind me. "What is wrong?" Aces questions. None of us say anything. I didn't know how to tell him, or what his reaction would be. "Ashley?" He looks at me again. "Uh Ace, it's your father. He didn't make it" I blurt it out. I scan his face for any sign or reaction but nothing. "Ace?" I say again. 

"Good" Ace replies with. "We don't have to worry about him anymore, or running away from him. That is what that bastard deserves" Ace says. Jack and I look at each other then look at Ace. Without words being said it was clear the Ace's father or his past was to never be mentioned again. Ace opens his arms, signaling for me to come. He hugs me tight.

This was the time where we overlook the past, and forget about it. I don't know what the future holds but I am so ready for it. I don't know where Ace and I will go, but one thing is for sure. I am so in love with this guy.

Authors note

Ahhhh I'm back! I am so sorry I know I haven't been uploading for quite a while, but we are back on track. Don't forget to vote and follow