Chapter 18

We all had a restful weekend, talked about our vacations. Got ready for college.

I was very excited to go back, I woke up early being careful not to wake Ace up since I sleep there most of the time. I get up and head back to my room. I brush my teeth and wash my face, I picked out my ripped black jeans and a white of the shoulder top. I did light makeup and curling my hair. Gladly I packed my bag the night before and I had everything set out before hand.

I wanted be there early so I can see where me classes are, - Left early, breakfast is ready downstairs I write that on a piece of paper and left it on the nightstand next to Ace. I kiss his forehead and head downstairs.

 I make breakfast for everyone, I quickly munch on my breakfast and make a coffee to go for myself. I put on my black vans and head out. I decide to walk to campus since it wasn't so far away from where we live.

It was very pleasant the sun was mid rising, the birds were chirping and there was a light breeze that wasn't to chilly. I get to campus and I spot a guy that I haven't seen before so I go and talk to him.

"Hey I'm Ashley, everyone calls me Ash" I say sticking my hand out.

"Hey Ash, I'm Jackson but you can call me Jack." He takes my hand.

"So you new here?" I question.

"Yeah I am a transfer" He replies.

"Great so I can show you around here" I smile.

"Yeah I'd love that" He replies with a smile. "So friends?"

"Friends" I smile back.

"Do you mind if I ask what classes you have?" I say.

"Yeah wait" he takes out his schedule and hand it to me.

"Oh great, we have the same classes." I say.

With that being said I show him around the campus and found out where my classes are. We spent about an hour or so until everyone starts to come in. 

Someone comes behind me and snakes their arm around my waist, I got scared for a second but I knew who that was.

"Someone looks hot today" Ace whispers in my ear.

I turn around to see him. "You don't look too bad yourself" I smile.

Suddenly Jack comes, and Ace widened his eyes.

"W-who is that Ash" he asks me with scared eyes.

"Ace that is Jackson, we're friends he is a transfer" I explain and look over to Jack who was looking at Ace with same wide eyes.

"Jackson?!" Ace says. 

"Ace!?" Jackson says.

"Okay can one of you explain what is happening here?" I ask.

They both seem to stutter and hesitant and in loss of words.

"Whatt?" I ask again.

"Uh Ash if you don't mind can I ask you how do you know Ace" Jack asks me.

"Uh yeah he goes here and we live in a house nearby with four other friends, and he is my boyfriend" I say.

"Boyfriend!" Jack yells.

"Ash lets go" Ace hold me by my wrist and practically drags me.

"leave my hand Ace" I say and I don't move.

"You guys better tell me what's going on here" I raise my voice and Ace sighs.

"Jackson you said you are a transfer right?" I ask him and he nods his head.

"So then how do you both know each other?" I ask.

"It's not that important" Ace quickly says and hold my hand again for me to walk with him.

"I come from Seattle and so does Ace. We were best friends well until-" Jack begins to explain but gets interrupted by Ace.

"Yeah, but we aren't anymore" Ace says.

"Ace is everything alright" I ask.

"Yeah lets go" He says.

"But Ace I can't Jack and I have the same classes and I promised him I'll help him around" I say.

"What!?" Ace says.

"Yeah" I reply and with that being said it was time to our first class of the day.

"I love you" I say to Ace.

"I love you" Ace replies back and kisses me in front of Jack but I didn't mind.

We all head to class and after a long boring class we finally get out. I got to know more about Jack, but I feel like Jack and Ace both know something that I don't.

I get outside and Ace is already standing there.

"Ash" he says and hugs me.

"Yeah Ace" I smile.

"you're not mad at me are you" Ace says with fear in his eyes.

"No Ace. What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Nothing, nothing" He lets go of a breath he was holding in.

"Just promise you won't ever leave me" Ace says holding my hand.

"Yes Acey I won't ever leave you" I say tapping his nose with my finger to lighten up the mood.

I felt like there was something both of them were hiding. Something that Ace was afraid that I'd find out or was Jack afraid. Ace acted very different, it could be cause we spent the whole summer together and now it weird I guess. I felt like he needed me so as he was about to turn back and go I held his hand to stop him. He looked at me.

"Jack you know where all you classes are, right?" I ask

"Yeah I do" he smiles.

"Okay great, I will go with Ace" I smile.

"O-okay" Jack says and he gives me a concerned smile.

I held Ace hand and start walking with him.

"You okay right" I ask him again.

"Yeah I am okay" he replies.

"I missed you" he says.

"Ace it has only been one lesson and the day just started" I chuckle.

"But I need you with me" he pouts like a child.

I laugh and he takes me to my next class. I take a seat next to Jack, he kept looking at me.

"Jack is everything alright" I say.

"You shouldn't be with Ace" Jack says.

"What happened, why would you say that" I ask with a frown on my face.

"Nothing" he quickly says.

"Jackson tell me" I say sternly.

"Oh it's nothing, he just looks like a bad boy" Jack says.

"Oh he just looks like it but he is nothing like it" I chuckle at the memory of when I first met him.

"Yeah?" Jack says plastering a fake smile on his face.

I was in deep thought, I mean all of the sudden why would he says that I shouldn't be with Ace?. Ace looked scared I guess, when I came out of class earlier. I remember the text message I got in Bora Bora. It seemed like they both knew something. Could Jackson and the text message be connected?

Authors note:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Follow and vote

What do you think? Are Jackson and the text message connected?

What are Ace and Jackson hiding?