Chapter 28

I look back at Ace who was looking at his father with fury. "I- I "I begin to speak but no words come out. "Drop the gun father" Ace bitterly says. "Why Ashton ? Why should I ?" Robert challenges Ace.  I am scared as heck. I don't want to die and Robert has has gun pointing exactly at me. One wrong move and I am gone. "Ace I- " I say looking at him.

"You love this girl don't you now. Ace is it huh?" Robert laughs. "Father leave her out of this. I know you killed mum." Ace says. Robert looks at Ace wide eyed, I am assuming he didn't know that his son knows about what he did. I don't know how or was it that he came to get coffee but I see Jackson and his eye goes wide. 

"Ashley!" Jack yells and run towards me. He looks between Robert and Ace and he immediately understands. "Oh look who we have here. Jackson it's been so long" Robert says, he is sick. "let her go now" Jack yells. I suddenly hear someone pulling the trigger. I scream. It was Ace, what he has a gun?

"Let her go or else" Ace warns pointing the gun at his father and I gasp. "Or what" Robert challenges pulling the trigger too. Suddenly I hear a gunshot and Robert falling to his knees. Robert shoots the gun towards me but It doesn't hit me. I look at Ace who took the bullet for me, he lays on the ground and I start crying. I get on my knees. "Ace please look at me" I sob. "Ash I-" Ace tries to say. "Ace why did you do that" I cry. "I can't loose you Ashley" Ace says weakly. "Jack call the ambulance" I yell. "What do you think Ace. I can loose you." I yell at Ace. "Please I need you. I promise I will not ever leave you" I cry. "Ashley I love you" Ace says and with that he closes his eyes. "ACE PLEASE WAKE UP. I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING" I yell and sob.

Ace's P.O.V

I couldn't be happier when Ash showed up at my doorstep yesterday. I did all that I could to find her, my life was miserable without her. I left her outside the coffee shop to buy her some coffee. I come out and it's was like my entire life was falling apart  in front of me. My father has finally caught up with us. Ash didn't know what was happening but the second she saw me she turned around and froze. My father was there with his men pointing a gun at Ashley. 

My breath was caught in my throat. I can not loose Ash the way I lost my mum. Jackson came there and had the same reaction as I did. I decided at that moment that I'd do anything to protect Ash. Ashley looked frightened, she knew what my father did and who he was. "Ace" she trembled. I wanted to cry but I knew I couldn't give my father the satisfaction. Before I could process what I was doing I pulled out the gun I kept with me, and shot my father. I watch him fall onto his knees but he pulled the trigger and I knew he was going to shoot Ash.

Without thinking I ran and stood in front of Ash, the bullet hitting me and I fell to the floor. I could hear Ash screaming and telling Jack to call for help. She was crying and I couldn't comfort her. She was mad at me for protecting her. "Ashley I love you" I said and with that everything blacked out.

Ashley's P.O.V

The ambulance came and we rushed  to the hospital. I was silently praying for Ace to live, I can't live without him. The doctors took him for an emergency operation. Jack and I stayed outside, I didn't even want to think about what will happen. I just sat there and sobbed, hopping for Ace to be okay. "Uh Ash" Jack says to get my attention. "Yeah" I sniff. "Ace's father died" he says and I look at him. "He deserves it" was all I manage to say. As time passed by I became impatient. I thought of calling our friends back at college, Emma, Lucy, Chris and Scott but I didn't. It would be a lot to explain on a single phone call, plus I didn't know if they knew about his father.

I saw a doctor and immediately went to him asking how Ace was. "I can't say anything yet, he has lost a lot of blood and still undergoing an operation" The doctor said and left. "Hey, Ash it's going to be okay. I know it" Jack comforts me and I believe him. 

Another few long hours passed by when the doctor finally came outside. "Who is with Ace?" The doctor asks and I get up "I am" I say. "Ace is..."

Authors note

sorry to leave this at a cliffhanger. Follow and vote to keep up with what happens next ;)