Chapter 21

"Will you tell me what I did wrong?" Jack follows me even though I told him not to.

"I am not a fool Jack and will you stop following me around?" I scoff and roll my eyes.

Jack walks away without saying a word but why does he care so much? Why on earth is he acting like he doesn't know what he did. My brain is so jumbles up and messed around that I have no idea what am I doing anymore.

"Ashley" The teacher rather yells snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I- uh sorry" I mumble.

After class I got out during my break deciding to get a coffee. As soon as I step outside something or someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me in the alley. As soon as I saw who 'kidnapped me' it was too late. It was Jack and I was sure I will die. "No please let m-me go" I sobbed. "Ace Ace" My voice was loud enough but I didn't know that Ace will even hear me or not.

"I won't hurt you" Jack said with a soft voice but I didn't believe him. Instead with all the strength I had I yelled for Ace on the top of my lungs, but nothing. As soon as I was about to loose hope Ace came and stood there. "Ace Ace he will kill me " I sobbed and looked at him.

"Let go of her" Ace says in a tone I've never heard.

"But you know I won't do anything stop lying to her" Jack said also in a tone which I have never heard before.

Ace come over and I will agree he looked very scary, Ace looked like he will kill Jack with his bare hands. Jack let go of me immediately and I run over to Ace and stand behind him. "You won't get away with this Ashton!" Jackson yelled and left. Ashton? But isn't his name Ace.

Ace drove me home and came over to my room with me. He sat on the bed and pulled me on top of him, my head was resting on his chest and I could hear his rapid heartbeat. "Ace can I ask a question?" I speak up breaking the comforting silence around us. "hmm?" he replied while his finger ran through my hair.

"Who is Ashton?" I ask looking up at him. Ace immediately tenses us and doesn't answer for a while. So I say again "Isn't your name Ace?". Another moment of silence passed but this wasn't the comforting silence we have a while ago, this was a very tensed silence. The air was thick around us and it felt like something bad is going to happen. Just then Ace speaks up " My real name is Ashton and before you say anything let me explain".

I was so shocked to say anything so I just nod. " I changed my name because my past isn't such a good place. I want nothing to do with my past keep any memories. I burnt them all and I don't even remember the last time someone used my real name to call me out." Ace explains and I just nod. " Say something" Ace pleads. "What should I say? I mean I am not mad at you for getting rid of your past because I am trying to do the same. Getting rid of it" I say.

"It's going to be okay love" Ace said kissing my forehead. Some how it made me want to believe him. I hope everything will turn out to be okay. "Can we just stay like this?" I ask Ace. "Yeah I'd like that too" he smiles back. We were just laying there doing nothing the silence said everything, it was comforting. After a while Ace spoke up "do you want to watch a movie?".

"Yeah sure" I say and grab my laptop from my bedside table. We were in the middle of watching a movie when my phone ringed, Ace paused the movie and looked over my phone the same time as I did. Jack the caller id spelt out, I look over to Ace who didn't say anything but after a moment he said "give it to me I'll pick it up". I nod and give him my phone.

"What is your problem?" Ace yelled. I have no clue what Jack said on the other side but Ace suddenly becomes pale, and his voice began to tremble "n-no p-please don't do this to me. I love her more than anything". I don't know what happened or what Jack said but his words made me smile. I place my hand on his and our fingers intertwined with each other. Something else happened too because they were bickering back and forth and then Ace abruptly end the call.