Chapter 14

The days flew by so fast it felt like it was in a blink of an eye, Ace and I had so much fun we went canoeing and did lots of fun activities. It was our last week here.

"Ash get ready" Ace tells me.

"Why we aren't supposed to leave until an hour" I explain.

"Yeah I told Scott we aren't coming" Ace replies smiling at me.

"What? why" I ask with a frown on my face.

"Because today it's just us who are going out" He winks at me.

It's just the small little things Ace does that make me so happy.

"Okayy" I smile at him. " So where are we going?" I ask so that I can dress accordingly.

"Hiking" Ace tells me.

"Okay" I tell him as I get up but Ace hold my waist and pulls me back down.

"I love you" He says while looking at me with his ever so beautiful brown eyes.

"I love you" I reply back and give him a quick kiss.

I get up and dress for a hike, I put on my denim black shorts and a black shirt and tie my hair into a ponytail. As always Ace is dressed in his usual black which I can never get tired of.

The walk was so long, Ace said we had to actually stop at a place but it was so far. I stopped to catch my breath.

"A-ace w-wait" I say panting.

"Ashley are you okay?" Ace looks at me with concerned eyes.

"Yeah I am okay, I just needed to catch my breath" I reply.

"Here come on up" Ace says while his back facing me.

"you will give me a piggy bank ride?" I raise my eyebrows with amusement.

"Yeah now come one before I change my mind" he says.

I climb up and he starts walking, he looks so cute. I quickly mess up his hair while I have the chance and run my hand through his hair.

"Heyyyy" Ace wines.

"Yeah is something wrong bab-" I say 

"Wait what were you going to say?" Ace asks me. Gosh my mouth never knows when to stop, I mentally slap myself.

"Nothing" I mumble.

"No come on please tell me" Ace wines like a child.

"Fine I said babe" I say rolling my eyes.

"I like it when you call me that" Ace says but I could see the huge smile he had on his face.

It took another 10 minutes or so until we were at a top of a mountain. I saw a fluffy blanket laid at the ground and a table on top with few bean bags laying around. The view was amazing it was as if I am dreaming.

"Ace this is -" I totally lost words.

"Wanna watch the sunset love?" Ace says.

"Yes is that even a question?" I say.

We had amazing dinner and dessert served to us and we talked about almost everything. The only thing I was thinking of what will happen when we go back? Will Ace change or will he still be the same.

Suddenly my phone screen lit up with a message. Ace and I both looked at each other wondering who that could be.

"Open it" Ace says.

I nod and open the text but I freeze when I see what's written.

"What happened Ash?" Ace looks at me.

"Ace I - I" I was scared.

"Ash is everything fine?" Ace looks at me with more concern.

When I didn't answer him he took my phone and he tensed up when he read the message.

It read - I know where you are Ashley Thompson and I will get you like I got your parents.

Ace looks back at me and I couldn't help but cry.

"Ace my parents were murdered they didn't die in a car crash, the crash was planned" I say sobbing.

"Hey it will be okay" Ace hugs me.

"Ace I am really scared promise you won't leave me alone" I say.

"Ash I promise I will protect you and I will never let anything happen to you" Ace says in a promising tone. Ace took my phone and blocked the number and turned off my location so no one will be able to track me.

We got up and went back it was dark by this time and Ace held my hand tightly never letting it go and I felt safe with him I know I am always safe and I have nothing to worry about.

I changed my clothes and got ready for bed. Ace joins me and we cuddle.

"Don't worry okay" Ace says.

"Yeah I won't as long as you're with me I have nothing to worry about" I tell him and he kisses my forehead. I laid my head on his chest and his heartbeat beating in my ears. It was the most soothing sound and I drifted of to sleep. 

Authors note

Sorry for the late update

What do you think happened there? Who is behind all this?

Follow and vote

Upload every sundays and tuesdays.