Ch. 17 Reflection...

"So we're you just messing with me or did you really get bothered that much just cause you wore my shirt?" Tsukki asks genuinely.

"Oh my god yes! You really have no idea. I'm not mad or anything it was just a tad annoying with how often it happened. Like nobody has anything better to do than gossip." You sigh.

"Okay, I believe you, if it was as bad as you say it was then I'm sorry I put you through that. I mean I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Sure I get asked out but... I don't know" Tsukki huffs rubbing the back of his neck.

 I don't know" Tsukki huffs rubbing the back of his neck

You look over at him as you continue walking. "It's fine Kei, really you don't have to apologize. Although I have to say, you would think it was some miracle that a girl actually managed to have a shot with you. Have you really never accepted a confession from someone?" Trying to delicately extract info from him without being too obvious of your growing feelings.

Tsukki looks like you've asked him a million dollar question with how hard he's thinking. "Honestly I can't even remember the last actual relationship I was in." He pauses to think more. "Maybe the summer before I entered college? And even that didn't really last that long... a month maybe... I don't know."

Focused so intently on what he was saying you kinda stumble over your feet a little, almost falling before Tsukki's arm swings out to catch you. "Whoa there, you sure you can handle walking, Pipsqueak?" Tsukki teases with his usual smirk.

You let out a nervous laugh "uh yeah I'm okay, just caught my foot on the pavement weird."

Tsukki sighs stepping away a bit before crouching down in front of you. "Come on." Gesturing for you to hop on his back.

"What? Nooo no I'm okay really." You wave your hands back and forth wildly. "I can walk, really"

Tsukki glances back at you, "I'm not asking, come on

Tsukki glances back at you, "I'm not asking, come on."

"Kei, I can walk I promise." Thoroughly embarrassed now.

"Don't make me throw you over my shoulder Pipsqueak. I may be thin but I am by no means weak." Tsukki says, you can't see his face but you can hear the smirk in his voice.