8

"Aw come on!" Naruto shrieked. I'm pretty sure that boy didn't know how to speak at a normal voice level. He was frustrated, we all were, I should be used to Kakashi's tardiness but I'm not, and it really pisses me off. Sasuke was throwing kunai at a target not so far away, Sakura was still asleep, despite Naruto yelling every five minutes and me, well, I was doing nothing. Daydreaming as usual, head in the clouds. I brought my attention to Sasuke, he was wasting energy, yet he was so bored, I could understand why.

    A breeze blew through the clearing, giving the summers day a cold nip in the air. A shiver ran up my spine, making my torso tremble as I pulled my jacket closer. A cloud of smoke appeared, choking us, with Kakashi in the middle.

     "YOU'RE LATE!" Naruto and Sakura yelled in unison pointing their accusing fingers.

     "Sorry guys, a black cat crossed my----"

     "LIAR!"

Sasuke twitched at the sudden change of peace, chuckling I got up and poked his arm.

     "Don't be so emo." I smirked.

He pouted, before joining the line of Genin sat before Kakashi, waiting for their aim. Today was definitely going to be a long day.

    "Today's task is to retrieve one bell from me." Kakashi announced, waving the bells in the air, making his point clear. By the time Kakashi had shown up, the sun was beating down on our backs, high in the sky.

     "If you don't," Kakashi warned, "you'll get sent back to the Academy."

Great. What a way to wind Naruto up. As Naruto ranted at Kakashi, I noticed Sasuke and Sakura looking like they'd seen a ghost. Pale as a sheet.

     "Pssssst," I hissed. Sakura turned her attention to me and Sasuke grunted. Typical Uchiha.

    "It's all about team work." I whispered, glancing at the busied Kakashi.

     "We need to work together because there's no way in Hell we're all as strong as Kakashi, so there's no way in Hell that we could take him on individually."

Sakura processed the information, smiling. She conjured up a plan in her mind. I smiled, seeing the cogs turning in her head, Sakura wasn't a great Kunoichi physically from what I'd seen, but mentally she was the best out of us all.

     "I work alone." Sasuke stated, turning away from us waiting for Kakashi's signal to begin.

What the Hell?!"

Kakashi eventually shut Naruto up and the exercise began. Naruto had already jumped straight in, not thinking as per usual. Sasuke was nowhere to be seen and Sakura was the only one who took my word and trusted me enough to work with me, which was, let me tell you, surprising.

    "Okay, here's the plan," Sakura whispered, "when Naruto is keeping him busy being an utter idiot, you clone yourself, sneak into that bush there," she pointed at shrubury directly behind Kakashi, "that way you'll have clear view of the whole clearance and more importantly, Kakashi-Sensei. See his pervy book in his pocket?" she questioned, then it clicked. We were gonna steal hiss Makeout Makeout Paradise and not give it back unless he surrendered one of the bells!

    "This is genius, Sakura!"

She grinned at the praise, obviously proud of herself. I got to work cloning myself, my clone would wait in the bush next to the one I would be in, waiting to ambush Kakashi.

    "Go!" Sakura hissed.

I took higher ground when my clone took the lower ground. As I got closer to my position, adrenalin started to pump. I could feel my heart beating against my ribs, threatening to burst from my chest. Naruto was currently hanging upside down from a tree when he spotted me. He was about to shout when I threw a shuriken at him, silencing him with fear.