20

I woke to a soft knock at my door, and for a moment I thought I was back home. I pushed myself up on my elbows, glaring at the plain room around me, the door opening slightly ajar. A man with a wicked, sharp grin stood before me.

"Yeah?" I choked out, my voice hoarse from the dryness in my throat. Mentally scolding myself, I got out of bed and crossed my arms, putting my weight on one foot. The man grinned his toothy grin even more.

"Leader is expecting a meeting tomorrow afternoon, told me to alert everybody." He glanced around the room and then back at me, looking at me up and down, taking in my appearance. I glared at him, realizing what he was doing. He just smirked and walked off, leaving the door completely open. I let out a harsh sigh, releasing the tension that had built up at my first encounter with another member other than Leader, Deidara or Itachi.

     Getting up, I flattened my hair, attempting to make my appearance acceptable after the deep slumber I had previously embraced. Walking through the door, I cautiously looked down both ends of the corridor. Empty.

     Water dripped from one of the rocks, making the floor damp. I stepped over it, continuing cautiously down the long corridor and through the door before me. Light shone through, making me squint and use my arm to protect my eyes from the bright shine. I took a step back whilst laughter cackled throughout the room. Not sadistic laughter, like you'd expect, but... Excited? 

            "Oooohhhhh~! Are you the new girl Deidara-sama went to fetch?!"

A grown man stood before me, but you'd think he were a child the way he was talking. I stood there, eyes wide, staring at the madman in front of me. He leaned down, his breath tickling my face.

          "I hope Tobi didn't scare the new girl! What is new girls name?! Will new girl be Tobi's friend?!"

My eyes flickered behind the masked man, catching the eyes of three other Akatsuki members, Deidara, who looked completely unimpressed at Tobi's actions, Kisame, who was grinning like the shark he resembled so much, and Itachi, emotionless as ever. I looked back at Tobi, my eyes softening, he clearly wasn't respected around here. Much like a punchbag for the others to bully I guess, even if he was annoying.

      "I guess I could be a friend to you Tobi," I sang, grinning widely, "my name is Mitsu! And you know what~?" I chimed, darting eyes at the emotionless Uchiha. Tobi raised his hands to his mouth, squealing like the child he imitated.

      "Itachi-sama will be your friend too!" I pointed, closing my eyes and smiling, much like my father usually did. I heard Itachi choke a little on the sigh he was in the middle of exhaling. I opened my eyes, suddenly locking with his bright scarlet orbs, suddenly in what seemed to be a trance, again. 

That bastard and his Sharingan...     Although the symptoms of being under Sharingan is that you cannot move at all and if you do it feels like you're being controlled like a puppet, I found it quite easy to narrow my eyes threateningly at Itachi. Realizing what I had done, Itachi's eyes widened slightly, then returned to the onyx, emotionless orbs. 

       "Listen, 'un," Deidara started, rolling his visible eye in mine and Tobi's direction, "you don't want anything to do with that baka. He's trouble."

     I smirked, looking back at the clearly outraged Tobi. He dived towards Deidara, tears flying behind him, arms flailing, knocking both Kisame and Itachi out of the way.

      "WHY DO YOU SAY SUCH MEAN THINGS ABOUT ME, SEMPAI?!"

     Deidara looked like he was about to blow. Flinging Tobi off him, he shoved his hand into his clay pouch, working his palms to make a bomb. I rolled my eyes, stepping between the two.

     "Quit it. We've had enough explosions around here lately." I hissed at Deidara, not noticing that the door had opened once again.

      "Mitsu." a bland, female voice carried throughout the room, chillingly.

I turned, swinging around on my heel, staring at the purple haired woman before me. Her piercing flashed in the little light in the room, quietning the others. I straightened up, walking towards her slightly, nodding my head in acknowledgement.

      "Leader told me to give you this." 

She handed me a cloak, black with red clouds, just like the others. I took it from her, thanking her, attempting to make it sound grateful. She turned away, disappearing back through the door. I turned, exhaling a breath I hadn't even noticed that I was holding.

      "Konan scares Tobi."

I saw Tobi cowering beneath Deidara, looking in the direction of the door the woman had just disappeared through. I shuddered at the eerie silence. Itachi started to walk towards me, his footsteps echoing off the walls.

       "I told you," he whispered, pausing as he passed me, "keep your wits about you and you won't end up dead."

       "There's no traces of the Hatake girl, Sir."

ANBU stood before the Third, on their one knee, addressing the old man. He nodded, not expecting there to be any sign of her. They were dealing with a group of S-Rank Ninja afterall...

      "Thank you. You have been a great help, we are most grateful." He muttered, coughing slightly to get rid of the raspiness in his voice.

The Ninjas nodded and seperated quickly, leaving the old man to conclude his options. Either way, Sasuke would find out and leave the village. He knew that was going to happen eventually, but it shouldn't have been this soon. Sasuke needed all the training he could get as a Leaf Genin. The old man sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

      "What the hell do you mean there's no traces of her?!" Sasuke again, slammed his fists down on the desk before him. The old man rolled his eyes.

De Ja Vu...

Before he could even explain anything to Sasuke, he'd stormed out. The Hokage looked from the windows behind him, watching Sasuke storming down the street towards his apartment.

He's going to pack already...

The Third turned away from the window, walking towards the ajar doors of his office, calmly enjoying the breeze from the open windows in the corridor.

      "Get me Kakashi Hatake, make it quick. It's regarding his student, Uchiha."

The Ninja before him stared at him, only one moving and complying to his orders.

If we don't keep an eye on him, then he'll leave and won't even survive the night. He's foolish, still a child, Hell even Naruto would be able to survive longer than he would.

The Hokage returned to his office desk, pulling paperwork from the pile next to him.

And if the Akatsuki get wind of the only other Uchiha coming for them... They'll have a field day...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, more of a filler! I do apologise for my eratic updating. I'm awful haha. Please vote, comment and share! Please don't forget to comment any ideas and I'll hopefully get the next update out within the next two weeks.

(I do also have exams!)