11

We arrived at a traditional wooden house about a mile out from town.

    "Home sweet home." Sasuke smirked.

He still lived in the Uchiha compound despite the tradegy that happened here. It was quiet, although there were a thousand trees around, no birds sang and no bushes rustled with life. The rain was hitting the wood hard, bouncing off visibly in the moonlight.

I watched as Sasuke pushed open the door and went inside. I followed, noticing I was just standing in the rain aimlessly. Upon entering, the warmth hit my face making it tingle with delight. We were both soaking, a small puddle formed beneath us as we both took off our shoes and walked further in.

Sasuke's house was simple, it wasn't small and it wasn't massive, the hall was long with doors either side, leading through to the living room and kitchen, and the stairs were directly in front as you entered the front door. The walls were decorated with the Uchiha clan symbol through the hallway.

Sasuke was stood by the door on the left.

    "Are you going to stand there all night?" I asked, smirking in my direction.

Taken aback, I walked to him and we entered the living room.

Again it was simple, there was a fireplace which had an armchair and sofa nearby, a television not too far away and a book case filled literally to the brim with books. The walls were wine red which gave the room a warm feeling.

    "Cold?" Sasuke questioned, lighting the fire without waiting for a response.

I took off my soaking wet jacket and laid it on the floor just outside the door, that way it wouldn't mess up the floor.

The fire blazed as we both sat in front of it, warming our numb skin from the rain.  It was silent apart from the rain hitting the window with brute force and the crackling of the wood from the fire. We sat opposite from each other, just quiet.

I looked down and started playing with my fingers, it wasn't an awkward silence, it was nice. It was comfortable. I glanced at Sasuke who was now poking the wood in the fire with a metal poker. His face illuminated from the glare, making his eyes seem darker than usual, even showing bags on his flawless skin.

     "Sasuke, are you okay?"

He jumped slightly at the sudden noise.

      "Yeah, of course I am, why?" He glared as I burst out laughing at his reaction.

Clutching my sides I saw him eventually smile, and he pushed my shoulder.

     "You're so annoying."

I was only ever annoying around him though, and I wasn't even annoying. Just comfortable.

I smiled.

    "You look like you haven't been sleeping..." I said, barely audible above the harsh winds and rain outside.

Sasuke looked in my direction, but not at me. His gaze was fixated upon the door behind me.

    "It's just I get lonely sometimes," he whispered.

My gaze softened, leaning over to him, I put my hand over his, urging him to carry on.

His eyes flicked to mine before closing.

    "Living alone is hard. Especially when you know that your whole clan was murdered in and around your house. People tell me I should leave and live closer to town, more towards where you and Kakashi live, but then I think of it as running away. I don't want to run away from my past. I don't want to forget about my clan."