16

"Why would you say that?" I chuckled, my head facing down.

I looked up at Kakashi through my bangs, his face was enquiring, searching for any sort of give away in my appearance. I smiled sheepishly, trying to get around him.

     "So where are you going?"

Every step I took he blocked, leaning down in my face.

    "Home!" I yelped, diving through a gap between him legs. I felt a harsh grasp clamp around my ankle, pulling me upside down and hanging in mid-air. I was now face to face with Kakashi, his infamous crinkled, eye smile mocking me. My face was still burning, a mixture between what Sasuke had done and my darting around trying to get away from him and Kakashi.

      "Is there something you're not telling me?" He questioned, his eyes boaring into my soul.

I wiggled out of his grasp, falling hard to the floor.

       "NOPE. NOTHING UNUSUAL HERE! SEE YA LATER OTOU-SAN!" I shouted, running off towards the house.

HE KNOWS! HE KNOWS!

I raced towards the house, keys at the ready. I don't know why I was freaking out so much, I mean, it was only a kiss? Right? Nothing to be totally freaking out over. But it was Sasuke! Duck-butt! The damn Uchiha!

I dived towards the front door, throwing the key into the lock and turning it. I threw the door open and slammed it shut quickly, resting myself against it, sliding to the floor.

      "Why so out of breath?"

My eyes shot open and I threw a kunai at the mysterious shadow lurking just at the bottom of the stairs.

Clink.

My kunai shot off in the opposite direction, deflected into the wall. The intruder walked into the light that shone through the front door, red eyes galred into my presence. The light only revealed a minimal amount of his features, long, dark, silky strands of hair fell into a loose pony tail that draped over his left shoulder, bright red eyes...

Sharingan.

I was dealing with an Uchiha, but it certainly wasn't Sasuke. This guy was way too tall and his scowl was a lot more fierce. He pulled his kunai back into his black cloak with red clouds on and pulled off his bamboo coolie hat. 

      "Mitsu Hatake?"

He was charming and well spoken. He held his hand out for me to take.

      "Yes?" I said, taking his hand for support when getting up off the floor.

He smirked, taking his hand back and resting it in the opening of his cloak. He looked a lot like Sasuke up close, only he had stress lines on his face, making him look a lot older. His nails were painted purple with nail-polish which made me laugh a little, on the inside of course.

      "Danger is coming."

My eyes widened.

       "Excuse me?"

       "My name is Itachi Uchiha," I froze.

Sasuke's brother...

       "pardon my intrusion," he continued, "but you are in danger of becoming an Akatsuki target, especially since they've found out you bear Sharingan." Itachi finished, leaning against the stairs. All I could do was stare at him.

       "But why would you come here to tell me that?" I asked, backing off a little.

He smiled.