23

"S-S-Sasuke?" I whispered, stuttering. He smirked past Itachi, right at Naruto and then me. I shook my head at him.
Don't be stupid, Uchiha!
       "This is the end, Itachi." He snarled, his usual black orbs turning a brilliant, scarlet red.
Sharingan?
      Itachi turned his head back at him, his eyes barely amused. His cheek bones rose slightly in a smirk, a scoff escaping through his lips.
       "You don't really think you're ready to take me on, do you?" He mused, still staring at Sasuke, "You really are still a foolish, little brat."
      Sasuke snarled, holding his right wrist with his left hand. Chakra started forming in his bare hand, buzzing like electricity. My eyes widened, I knew that technique better than anyone.
      "Chidori." I choked, more to myself than anybody else. Itachi merely stood there, staring at his younger sibling. Naruto's mouth practically hit the floor in shock and Jiraiya stood behind him, a hand on his shoulder. Sasuke began storming across the pink insides of the toad, his speed had improved, that was for sure. Pushing myself up, pain seared through my whole body. I had to keep pushing myself, nobody else was going to stop them. Itachi raised his hands together, forming handsigns. His eyes closed, he concentrated, obviously not caring about the ball of lightning approaching him fast.
        I approached them fast, standing in the middle of the two brothers, hands held out in an attempt to stop Sasuke from running and to grab Itachi's attention. Before I knew it, Sasuke was on top of me, his arm pierced into my side. A burning sensation rose as the blood poured from the gaping wound. Itachi's concentrated hadn't broke, his bright eyes opened as black flames engulfed the pink belly of the toad, causing another gaping hole.
       "What is with you guys and big holes?" I questioned, spluttering out blood at the same time. Turning to Sasuke, I smiled, his eyes full of shock, his hands soaked in blood. My blood.
       Itachi started to walk towards them both, his strides becoming wider as he picked up the pace. As he got close, he extended his arm out, grabbing Sasuke by the throat and pushing him against the weakened wall that surrouned us.
       "Everything you love, you hurt. Everyone around you is in danger around you. You're the reason why you're alone in this world," Itachi spat, tightening his grip on the young Uchiha's throat, "and you're the reason why I killed the clan." He threw Sasuke to one side at ease, not seeming to use any physical strength what-so-ever.
       "And now, foolish little brother, you're the reason why Mitsu is going to die." He smirked, his glowing eyes glaring into his soul.
        I watched on in pity, Sasuke was being thrown around like a ragdoll and there was nothing I could do. I turned to Naruto, he was frozen to the spot, poor guy. I felt my eyes becoming heavier as the scene unfolded, blood still pouring from the torn hole in the side of my body and eventually, everything became black.

       "Kisame," I called, watching my brother fall to his knees in pain, "take Mitsu and go ahead."
I saw the shark nod, glaring at the girl as he picked her up and made his way out of the tunnel, his giant sword tapping at the backs of his knees.
        "Naruto," I hissed, "don't forget that it's you we want." The blonde's eyes widened, becoming even more shocked and scared that he already was. Making hand-signs, I felt my body break up into segments, transporting myself to Kisame before they got too far ahead.

      "Naruto," Jiraiya breathed, still staring at the spot where Itachi stood, "get Sasuke to hospital, now!"
       The blonde nodded, running towards his friend with tears in the corners of his eyes. A wave of emotions hit him as he looked at the raven's beaten face. Clenching his fist, he used it to wipe away the tears.
        "I will never let this happen again." He growled, picking up his friend and dashing off towards Konoha's General Hospital.

     It had been months since then. Mitsu's condition was finally on the rise, she had finally stabalised herself. Itachi gazed at the girl before him, lying peacefully in the bed. He hadn't left her side since they got back to the hideout, the only time he had was for a mission he was forced into. A door opened with a creak, just as Itachi looked up from his book to check his comrade.
       "What do you want, Kisame?" He questioned, his eyes still locked on the girl next to him.
Kisame raised his hands in surrender, his grin becoming wider.
       "You're not the only one who's allowed to visit her, Itachi." He chuckled, sitting down on the opposite side. Itachi had no once looked up, his eyes darted between two things, Mitsu and his book.
        "It's obvious, you know." Kisame breathed, watching him carefully.
Itachi's eyes faltered. His bangs fell over his face as he looked down, giving him time to compose himself to the usual cold nature he used.
        "Her fate is not the same as mine, we are not destined." He sighed, raising his hand to hers, gently stroking it. His eyes softened as he looked to Kisame, wondering how he would react to the unusual behaviour.
         "You make your own destiny." Kisame whispered, before standing and walking towards the door.

I walked into the dark room, standing before the giant desk.
        "Welcome back, Mitsu." Pein said, nodding towards me. I nodded back, not wanting to say anything. It had been about a month since I woke up. Itachi was beside my bed, asleep. Kisame had also decided to be in my presence as I woke. He had been good to me, he told me that Itachi was the one who had saved me and brought me back here, never leaving my side.
           "You are aware of your next mission, correct?"
I nodded again, clenching my fist.
           "Bring back the Kyuubi, along with the Uchiha." I hissed through my teeth.
He also told me who had put me in this coma.
           "And don't forget, I want him alive."
I grimaced at the thought.
           "Dismissed."
That damn Uchiha.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow! I can't actually believe I've finised this at long last! I'm so sorry for my bad updating. Hopefully, I'll be a lot more consistent with the sequel. However, I don't think the sequel will be anytime soon as I'm hoping to write an Attack on Titan fic inbetween. But hey, thank you guys so much for reading and sticking with me these last 8 months or so, you're the best! This last chapter is dedicated to you all. Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.
Take care!