19

"What the Hell do you mean we can't do anything?!"  

Sasuke slammed his fists down on the wooden desk before him. The Hokage pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.  

"We cannot send out anybody after Mitsu because it would be reckless and a big mistake, the Akatsuki are much stronger than us. Whether in a full group, or single members." 

Sasuke growled, spinning on his heel with his fists clenched towards Kakashi.  

"And you're just going to stand there?!"

He stormed up to him, making himself taller on his tip toes. Kakashi glared at him and leaned down so he was eye to eye with Sasuke.  

"You think I want to leave my student?" He hissed behind his mask, pushing Sasuke a little. 

Iruka glared at them both, and the Third sat there, watching intently. Sasuke paced the room, between Kakashi and the desk, pulling at his hair, tears brimming at the corners of his eyes. He slammed his fists on the in front of the Third again, letting the years spill, showing emotion in front of all three men for the first time since the massacre. 

"How can you just sit there and do nothing when an innocent life is in danger from those monsters? The same monster that killed my entire clan!" He screamed, falling to knees, tiny sobs escaping his lips.  

Kakashi looked down at Sasuke, sorrow in his only visible eye. He put his hand reassuringly on Sasuke's head, feeling the boy shiver beneath him.

"I don't think we have a choice here, Sir." Iruka confirmed, nodding to Kakashi.

The Third grunted, pulling papers from a draw behind the desk, writing hastily on them. He gave them to Iruka, instructing him to take them to the carriers.

"Kakashi, alert ANBU Black Ops." The raspy voice of the old man ordered, Kakashi disappeared just as the Hokage stood and looked down at Sasuke. Pity flooded his eyes however, he smiled.

"Sasuke, you've matured into a young man very nicely." He smiled, walking around the desk towards the quaking ball on the floor. He kneeled beside him, pulling him gently by his arm. He looked into Sasuke's eyes, just as a loving parent would. Feeling the same pain and torture that his eyes reflected. The Hokage smiled reassuringly and Sasuke nodded a thanks. Sasuke turned on his heel, his head down and his fists still balled.  

"If Mitsu isn't found in 24 hours, I'm going after her myself." He growled through his clenched teeth, storming out of the office, passing staring on lookers.

"Who the Hell are you?" I growled, staring the strange man in front of me down. His purple ringed eyes bore through my soul, as if he could read every thought that passed through my mind. Itachi moved uncomfortably behind me, shifting weight from one foot to the other.  

"I wouldn't be so rude if I were you, 'un."  

I turned to glare at Deidara but my body couldn't move. I was fixed to the spot, facing the purple eyed ginger. He smirked at me, sinking back into his chair.

     "You are here Mitsu for our support and our support only. You will join the Akatsuki if you want to carry on with your pitiful life, and as I said, you will serve only for our purposes."

    Itachi shifted his weight uncomfortably behind me.

      "I will be your leader for your time here with the Akatsuki," the ginger began, "and if I catch you out of line just once, I will end you." He hissed, waving his hand in dismissal.

I felt Itachi's hand on my shoulder as Deidara walked briskly past me.