17

I woke to the sun glaring through the same gap in the curtain that the moon had the previous night. Shielding my eyes, I looked around the room, taking in my surroundings. The Uchiha household. Old photoframes hung from the walls as well as the Uchiha crest.

The stench of food clung in the air. I got up, dragging my hand through the knots in my hair. The curtains were still drawn, although Sasuke was already awake. I leaned against the pillows, staring at the photo frame across the room.  

A young Sasuke grinned at me, with his brothers hand on his head, messing up his hair. His mother laughed at them as his father looked stern trying to break them up.  

Why would Itachi warn me about the Akatsuki?  

"Mitsu?"  

I jumped, startled out of my thoughts as Sasuke walked through the door with an apron on.  

He's kidding, right?  

I smirked at him. His face dropped into a gaunt look, realising what he'd just let himself in for.  

"Don't even bother, just come and eat breakfast."  

I started laughing, his face showing complete annoyance towards me yet still happiness in his eyes.  

We'd eaten breakfast and already showered. I was sat in the living room, lazing on the comfy sofa, admiring the beautiful sun radiating the tame garden within the Uchiha grounds.  

"Ready?" Sasuke questioned, not giving me time to answer and walking through the front door, leaving it ajar for me to follow. I scrambled up off the sofa, catching up with Sasuke before he stormed off in his little strop from me teasing him.  

He looked at me questioningly and I just smiled at him.  

"I'll race ya!" I shouted, bounding away across the treetops, and soon enough the rooftops of Konoha town. Sasuke was close, but still not quite as fast as me. I didn't turn or acknowledge him in anyway as we raced towards the Hokages tower, avoiding all hustle and bustle below us.  

Eventually, Sasuke slipped out of my senses, and I arrived at the door of the tower without any problems, which was weird. No traps? What kind of Uchiha are you?  

Grinning to myself, I entered the front of the tower, heading towards the thirds office. There was nobody around, and only silence met my ears. My eyebrows furrowed in thought, there's no way that this place would be this quiet, with absolutely no jounin around...  

I had walked for what felt an eternity.  

A genjutsu?  

Closing my eyes, I released the jutsu, but all was still deadly quiet. I ran towards the Hokages office and swung the doors open.  

"Old man?!" I shouted into the empty room.  

With no reply, I walked in cautiously, a kunai at hand. The office was in tact, there hasn't been a battle in here or nor had anybody trashed the place.  

"Rule number one; a ninja must see through deception, un." A voice hissed into my ear, hitting me at the back of my neck.  

I fell to the floor, barely conscious.  

"Hurry up Deidara, we don't have all day."

Itachi?

----------------------------- 

Here's a little filler for you! I apologise for my absence, I've had my a level exams recently and I have another 2 in a few weeks. Luckily I have the next 4 days off so I'll be able to update and maybe even finish this prequel! Thanks for reading and sorry if there's any mistakes! I did this from my phone.