4

After Kakashi had finished trying to frighten us with his "oh-so-scary" mission, I started to walk home, kicking up dirt from the path.

    "Hey." A voice shouted behind me, no emotion or concern what-so-ever.

    "Hey Sasuke, what's up?" I looked at him, wonder pondering all over my face.

He looked down, putting his hands in his pockets. His shoulders were slumped and his head was facing the floor. He seemed to always have something going through his mind, always something niggling at the back of his brain. It added to his mysterious attitude, I guess. It's like he has nobody to confide in, all his secrets, bottled up inside him.

    "Mitsu, stop staring at me. If anybody walked past they'd think you were one of my fanclub." Sasuke chuckled, leaning against the fence.

    "HEY! I WASN'T STARING!"

I felt my face burning, oops.

Sasuke looked up to the sky, birds circling us. It was real hot today.

    "You're not worried about the first mission, are you?"

Well, looky, looky, the Great Uchiha all worried!

    "Sasuke, is that really what's bothering you? I've lived with Kakashi a very long time, I know he wouldn't put us in any danger. He'd protect us with his life." I smiled, proudly.

Kakashi had been through a lot in his life. He lost his family and friends in the great Shinobi war, I'm all he has left. I think that's why he became whatever group I was put in's Sensei. So he could protect and train his own daughter.

   "Hn." Sasuke grunted.

I turned on my heel and started to walk away again.

    "Oh and Sasuke," I turned, smiling at him. He looked up from his feet at me. "don't listen to Kakashi, eat breakfast tomorrow, we're in for a long day."

I started walking faster, leaving Sasuke to stare at the back of my silver hair, flowing in the breeze, side to side.

    "Thanks Mitsu!" Sasuke shouted, waving.

It seems that Uchiha isn't as bad as I thought.