9

"What's your positions?" Kakashi whispered into our ears.

The target was in sight, washing her face in the clearing below the trees we were hidden in. Naruto was in the opposite tree to me, eyes fixated on the brown, fluffy ball of fur below us. Sasuke was in the next tree to my left and Sakura to my right.

    "Target in sight, Sensei." I growled, if we made too much noise we'd startle her!

     "I swear Naruto, if you mess this up..." Sasuke whispered.

     "SHUT UP!" Naruto bellowed, the cat looked up, hissed and ran off into the brush.

Why?

Sasuke pushed off of his feet, diving towards Naruto.

    "SASUKE!" Sakura bellowed, pushing off of her feet to tackle Sasuke to the ground.

Naruto looked smug, since when did Sakura ever stop Sasuke pumelling him?

    "Weird." I stated, jumping into the middle of the grass.

    "Uhh guys?" I heard over the headset we were forced to wear for our mini mission, "what have I said about the whole screaming fiasco?"

I chuckled as Naruto howled with laughter, clutching his stomach in pain. Sakura had Sasuke in a head lock, ruffling his hair. He was clearly resentful to Sakura's touch.

     "I swear Sakura if you don't get off of me." Sasuke hissed, trying not to make his annoyance heard. Trying to keep his cool. Typical Uchiha.

Kakashi appeared from behind the tree I was situated in at the beginning, he walked over to Sakura, picked her up by her wrist and surprisingly, did the same to Sasuke.

     "Look guys, I don't care for your whole boyfriend/girlfriend act," Sakura blushed deep red and giggled, Sasuke's eye twitched, "but we have a mission here, and if we don't get this cat by sundown then the mission is a failure."

He dropped Sasuke and Sakura to the floor with a thud. Naruto and I howled with laughter behind Sasuke as he walked ahead in a huff, rubbing his back from the painful fall. Naruto calmed down but my eyes were still streaming with tears from laughing at Sasuke's face. Sakura was walking the furthest behind with Kakashi, talking about how she couldn't decide whether to wear her usual red dress today or try a new one. Kakashi was bored, reading his pervy book, obviously not really listening, grunting a "yes" or "ohhh" every now and again, when it was relevant. Naruto started to draw back, starting to slow down his pace.

     "I'll talk to you later Naruto." I waved, getting the hint.

It was obvious that Naruto had a crush on Sakura, I mean, even Kakashi could tell. In fact it was only Sakura who couldn't tell. She was so love-blind by her little schoolgirl crush on Sasuke it was just plain lame.

It was starting to get dark, the sun was only just visable over Hokage Rock. Vultures circled above, preying on little rodents. I snorted, imagining one swooping down, actually mistaking Sasuke for a duck and getting all tangled in his hair.

    "What are you snorting at?"

I snapped out of my hilarious daydream, wiping a mock tear from my face.

    "Oh."

I looked to my left to find Sasuke right next to me, looking at me with curiosity seeping from his eyes.

    "Hey Sasuke, I was just daydreaming. You okay?" I smiled.

His eyes widened at the sudden question.