10

Night had fallen and Kakashi wasn't back. Assuming that his mission would carry through until the morning, I locked the door to our little house and went through to the kitchen to make myself something to eat. I hadn't been alone in such a long time, and something just didn't feel right. I grabbed some pots and pans from the cupboard and filled one with boiling water and rice, and another with some dango in.

My mind ran wild as I stood there making myself food, the weather was ludicrous. Rain slammed into the glass panes of the windows around the kitchen and living room. I could hear the faint drone of a voice from the television which was slightly comforting, but it didn't change the fact that with the horrific winds howling outside, accompanied by the rain pounding on every house surface, nobody would hear me if something happened.

What if somebody broke in?

What if somebody tried to kill me?!

WORST CASE SENARIO, WHAT IF SOMEBODY CAME IN, TRIED TO KILL ME AND JUST BEFORE I DIED, THEY ATE MY FOOD IN FRONT OF ME, TORTURING ME WITH EVERY MOUTHFUL OF WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN MY LAST MEAL?!

I gasped, practically dropping the dango as I prepared it on a plate ready for later. I plonked myself on the sofa, staring into the t.v, trying desperately not to think about how I would be murdered just before bed that night. Nothing on T.V was ever interesting, news, news, more news and news. Oh and weather, of course. Who doesn't have weather after the news?

Sighing, I flipped the switch on the remote to silence the T.V. I lay back, taking in all of the sounds around me. The rain thrashing against everything in it's way, the winds whistling through pipes, the sound of a thump as something hits the floor upstairs... Wait, what?

Eyes widening, I shot up the stairs, heart threatening to burst through my ribs and splatter all over the wall in front of me, still pulsing at it's ridiculously fast rate. I heard another crash, the bathroom?

Please don't let it be the bathroom! That is the most typical place for me to die in this oh so generic situation.

Pushing my hair out of my face for the one hundreth time today, I peered around the door frame. The window was wide open, my toiletries were all over the floor, Kakashi's scattered everywhere too. The shower curtain had been pulled down in an attempt to stop my intruder splattering their face into my tiled floor. Obviously, it didn't work.

A tall boy lay before me, raven black hair, an Uchiha symbol on his back.

How didn't I know?

     "Sasuke." I said, tone flatter than his face was against the floor.

He pivoted his head towards me and blood gushed over the white tiles. His whole face was covered in blood, he smiled at me, his mouth all crooked.

I sighed, "you've gotta be kidding me." Pulling Sasuke up from the floor, I lay him gently against the wall, so he was sat up at least. I tilted his head backwards to stop the blood flow and cleaned up his face with some tissue and alcohol.

     "What are you doing here?" I questioned, watching his eyes roll into the back of his head as I pinched the bridge of his nose.

      "You know," Sasuke started, his voice a pitch higher from the pinch, "that really hurts. And your bathroom floor really hurts if you fall on it."

I closed my eyes, shaking my head. He was just as much of an idiot as Naruto.

After half an hour of sitting in front of Sasuke, pinching his nose, the blood finally stopped and I could help clean his face up a little better.