12

Sun glared into my eyes as Sasuke and I just got to the main gates of the village. The roads had dried out since last nights storm and Konoha's sun was shining proudly as it normally did.  The smell of damp had vanished from the now fresh, summer air and the birds chirped happily.

Sighing, I put my hands behind my head as we slowly strolled towards Naruto and Sakura who were leaning lazily against some trees. Tazuna was conversing with the two guards in their booth, more than likely just for the shade. It was abnormally hot today, and none of us had our usual clothing on. Luckily, I had remembered to bring clothing for this mission, just not to sleep in. Sakura was wearing a small red t-shirt and white spandex shorts rather than her usual dress and dark shorts. Naruto was sporting a pair of orange three-quarter length shorts and a baggy, black t-shirt, and Sasuke, well, he hadn't really changed much for the weather, he wore his usual blue clan top and white shorts.

     "YOU'RE FINALLY HERE SASUKE-KUN! I MISSED YOU!" Sakura shrieked, bouncing happily towards him.

I ventured off towards Naruto, who was still practically asleep in the cool shadow of the tree. Plonking myself next to him, his one eye opened and peered in my direction.

    "Good morning, Naruto-kun!" I smiled, pulling him into a friendly hug.

Naruto grinned, hugging back. "Good morning Mitsu. Any idea how long Kakashi is going to be today?"

I grimaced. He was on a mission last night and I didn't know whether he was even back yet. Shaking my head, I leaned against the tree trunk, resting my eyes. There was faint chatter from the town centre, but more the birds melodies were more prominent. Leaves rustled around us as cool summer breezes graced us with their presences. However, all of this was ruined by Sakura, as per usual, fangirling over Sasuke.

     "How did you sleep last night Sasuke? Are you okay? Do you wanna go out sometime?"

I swear the girl never takes a breath between words when talking to him.

Sasuke point-blank ignored her as usual and made his way towards a tree stump. Sakura pouted and walked back over to her spot against the tree trunk.

     "Why doesn't he ever speak to me? I'm only ever nice to him." She mumbled, folding her arms against her chest.

     "It's because he's an idiot, Sakura..." Naruto said, stirring in his half sleep state.

I fist clenched.

     "No Naruto it's because she's a completely love-sick little puppy who can't see Sasuke for who he really is, she just see's his looks, never wants to know about his personality. "Oh Sasuke, let's go on a date!" Why?! So you can just brag to it with all the other fangirls?! You know how annoying it is when he ignores you?"

She stared at me in complete shock. I don't know why I was so angry. Well, I do, Sasuke's a nice person who deserves to be treated with some respect, but maybe this is a bit of an overreaction. I glimpsed at him for a slight second, he was staring too. Was I really that loud?

Sakura's head slowly nodded.

     "Well that's how he feels when you're constantly nagging him all the time! Claiming he's yours all the time! Fighting over him with other girls, for God sake how old are you?! You'd swear you were all eight years old!" I growled, turning away and heading towards the gate.

I heard a slight whimper escape Sakura's lips as I exited the conversation. I'm done. I'm so sick of her.

Just as I sat down to let the suns harsh glares calm me, Kakashi showed up.

     "All set?" He smiled, the gates opened behind him and he gestured for us to follow. He showed the paperwork to the guards and they let us on our way. Sakura, Naruto and Kakashi were up front with Tazuna, Sasuke and I were behind, walking at a more eased pace.

     "That was quite a speech." Sasuke mused, glancing at me.

I huffed, putting my hands behind my head and leaning on them again.

    "Thank-you." He whispered into my ear, involuntary shivers cascading down my spine.

I closed my eyes, breathing the fresh air around us.

Naruto was yelling about how this was the first time he'd left the village and randomly throwing kunai around.

     "NARUTO! BE CAREFUL!" Kakashi shouted, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt.

Naruto just smiled sheepishly.

    "And I'm meant to trust my life to you brats?!" Tazuna announced loudly to nobody in particular.

    "HEY! WE'RE NOT BRATS!" Sakura and Naruto yelled in unison. They were as troublesome as eachother, only Sakura was more annoying.

    "Sasuke?"

     "Hm?"

I looked at him, the sun glinting in my eyes.

     "Does your hair naturally look like a duck-butt?" I questioned, innocently pursing my lips into a pout.

His eyes widened and he stopped dead in his tracks.

     "WHAT?"

I howled with laughter and dived at him, my hands thrust towards his head, messing up his hair.

    "GET OFF OF ME!" He yelled, trying to pry me off.

His hair hadn't moved an inch out of place.

     "Seems it is natural." I grinned evily, poking him in the nose.

     "YOU'RE SO ANNOYING!" He shouted, walking off in a huff.

My sides ached with joy, this was going to be one eventful mission.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers, I'm sorry I've taken so long to update this. I've had my A-Level exams so been pretty busy, but better late than never I guess. So this one isn't as long as the previous update but I will be uploading more later today, hopefully around two more chapters. Sidenote: My boyfriend got me Itachi's necklace for Valentine's Day so I thougth I'd post a pic up there on the side! Hope you're enjoying it and don't forget to vote, comment and fan!

P.S We hit over 1000 reads, woohoo! Thank-you all!