13

"I'm sorry Sir, but there's not enough room in this boat for me to get you all there in one trip."

Kakashi hmm'd to himself, calculating the situation.

    "Well, we wouldn't want you to make two trips and put you at risk," Kakashi said, nodding towards the boatman, he turned to us, "so, who's going to sit on who?" He smiled, leaning down into our faces.

Should've seen this coming, Otou-san.

     "I'LL SIT ON SASUKE-KUN!" Sakura squealed, grabbing Sasuke by his shoulders abruptly. Sasuke was twitching, no seriously, twitching.

      "That's fine Sakura," I smirked, "I'll just sit on Kakashi-sensei. It's not like he's not my Dad or anything."

Sasuke's eyes lit up as he practically dived into the boat, just missing Naruto who wasn't paying attention as per usual. Tazuna was already in the boat in the middle seats, Naruto and Sasuke were up front, Sakura got in first leaving enough room for Kakashi, then I got in and happily plonked myself on Otou-san's lap.

     "So why is it so misty around here anyway?" Naruto stretched, peering over the front of the boat.

     "It's because of the temperatures, Naruto." Sakura stated obviously. I rolled my eyes, shifting my weight.

     "You're not as light as you used to be." Kakashi hissed as I sat awkwardly upon him. I just grinned, knowing it'd annoy him. It did.  Lucky for him, we were already nearly at the village, I don't think he could deal with me much longer, or any of us for that matter.

We soon arrived at shore and Tazuna brought us to his home and his daughter, Tsunami welcomed us with warm, open arms.

     "I'm sorry, Kakashi but there aren't enough rooms to keep everybody seperate." Tsunami explained, drying her hands in her shirt.

Naruto and Sasuke were glaring at eachother and Sakura was looking hopeful, as if Kakashi would ever let female and male share. As much as I hated Sakura, I knew I'd have to share a room with her and I accepted that, unlike everybody else I understood where Otou-san was coming from.

     "THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I AM SHARING WITH TEME OVER THERE!" Naruto yelled, pointing towards a very unimpressed Sasuke.

     "You don't honestly think that Kakashi would let us mix gender, do you Naruto?!" Sasuke hissed, shooting him his infamous Uchiha glare.

Kakashi was ignoring everybody again, leaning against the doorframe to the living room with ease, reading his book.

He sighed, "I'm sorry about this, Tsunami."

She just laughed, dismissing his apology with a wave of her hand.

     "Okay here's the pairs," Kakashi started dully, not looking up from his page, "Naruto, you share with Sakura and Mitsu shares with Sasuke. I can't have you all killing each other in the middle of the night and disturbing this family after they take us in with warm arms." Kakashi said, now walking outside to find Tazuna.

Sakura was mortified, of course. Naruto was over-joyed, Sasuke was smirking and well, I just stood there, dumb-founded that Kakashi actually trusted a bunch of 15/16 year olds to share!

     "Your room is on the right, Sasuke, yours on the left, Naruto." Tsunami sang as she finished washing up. I started to walk towards the room, it was such a long journey and let's be honest, who wouldn't be exhausted after that?

I slid open the traditional paper door and lay down my bag. The room was as simple as Sasuke's was, cream colours and two sleeping mats laid out in the middle. There was a stack of blankets and pillows in the corner along with some toiletries in case the bathroom had run out.

As I grabbed my sleeping utensils from the pile, the door opened behind me. Light footsteps? It wasn't Sasuke nor Naruto...

     "If you even breathe on Sasuke-kun I will pummel you." Sakura hissed into my hear, turned on her heel and walked out, slamming the paper door as she went.

I just stood there, staring awkwardly at the door.

But she couldn't pummel anybody, even when she tries she's useless...

I snorted to myself, just as the door opened once again, only to reveal confused onyx eyes and a floppy looking duck-butt. I smiled and waved for him to continue.

     "Erm." Sasuke said, not sure what to do.

     "You can come in you know." I said, turning to my pillow and laying down face-first.

I heard his footsteps falter as he too collapsed to his sleeping mat besides me. I didn't move nor did I flinch at the sound of his body falling into a heap. I simply lay there, feeling the aches and pains course throughout my muscles.

     "Are you aching as much as I am?" I heard a muffled Uchiha question.

      "Mhm." I grunted, still not turning towards him.

Sasuke turned to his side and observed the room.

     "It's pretty plain, huh?"

      "Mhm."

      "Why won't you talk to me?" He asked, hurt in his voice.

At this, I only turned my head.

     "I am speaking to you, I'm just absolutely shattered." I chuckled, watching his muscles ease from tension.

      "Why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

He shrugged, looking out of the window.

      "I thought you might've been annoyed at Naruto and myself for being so competitive."

I sighed, what is wrong with this boy?

      "Why would I be?! You're always the same, you'll never change and I'd much rather room with you or Naruto than Sakura." I shivered, disgust etched into my features.

Sasuke started laughing and lay down properly.

       "Kakashi-sensei is gonna be out of action for a while." He murmured, slowly slipping into his dreams.

      "I know, he'll be fine, as always. He has to be."

My brow furrowed in frustration.

He has to be okay...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short filler for you all! Starting to hit a bit of writers block with this so your ideas will be accepted with much appreciation. I am aware it's going a little slow but I find the ones that jump straight into it are a little boring. Anyway, comment your suggestions and ideas, vote and fan!