Chapter 47- Shopping

Lily's P.O.V.

"Gemma! Could you write out these invitations for me please?" My mother spoke beside me as she handed a long list with all of our friends and family names on it for Gemma to write out. I just slight shook my head, its just a massive waste of time, shame no one in my family can see it though.

"Oh and Lily" my mother turned to me as Gemma walked out of the room. "Can you help me pick the wedding dress?" She asked, a wide smile covering her face, I just nodded plastering a smile on myself just to cover up how much I hated this whole idea of the wedding thing.

"Alright then go get in the car"

"What? now?"

"Yes; now go on, I'll be there in a minute"

I sighted but slipped my shoes on and stomped outside being welcomed by a strong freezing gush of wind hitting me in the face, sending my hair flying back as I shivered underneath the cold. Typical English weather I thought.

I quickly got into the car just like my mum asked. Sitting down in the back seat while
I lightly pressed my forehead on the car window not really keen on the whole idea of going shopping for a wedding dress. I mean Dad doesn't love my mum, probably never has and never will, and that rips me to the core of my being; my mum is really in love right now, he's lured her in only to get her broken again, and I can't stand to see him breaking her heart, because quite frankly it would break mine too.

I quickly snapped my head to the front when I heard the car door shut close  with my mum sat in the drivers seat.

"You ready to go then?" Her morning voice chirped with excitement as she roared the engine to life.

"Yeah, I am actually" I spoke trying to sound as believable and convincing as I can as I forcefully smiled back at her, which she returned nodding her head.

As we passed many houses;streets and fields, we finally made it to the shopping centre that was already packed full with people making a frown set onto my face, I never really liked going out to public places. I feel like I'm being stared at all the time and that people are judging me with every thing I do.

I just get really anxious and self conscious.

"Coming Lily?" My mums voice shouted and I realized she was already a few feet ahead, I quickly doubled my speed catching up with her in no time.

"You might want to pick out your bridesmaid dress today" my mum spoke making my heart sink to the bottom of the stomach. I can not wear dressers, too much skin will be on show.

"Do I have to wear a dress?" I stupidly asked hoping my mum would let me off and say I can wear something else casual that has more skin covered. But who am I kidding, of course I'm going to have to wear a dress, and that really makes me feel a lot more nervous than I already am.

"Lily, of course you have too" my mother said just as I expected her too. We walked side by side, passing many people, from young to old, until my mum found the store she wanted to go in, and let me tell you it looked really fancy and posh. Just by looking at the design of the shop, I could tell things arn't going to be cheap in there.

Immediately my mum rushed over to the wedding dresses, and started looking at them all, shoving and picking some out. I just sat on a little something I would consider a chair, and watched my mum pick out loads of pretty dresses, but none catching her taste.

"How about this one?" She asked as she held up a beautiful strapless dress which I immediately fell in love with it, it was so simple and delicate, and it looked so beautiful. It's simplicity enchanted it's beauty, and the fact it wasen't covered in designs made it look so pure. It would suit my mother perfectly.