Chapter 25~ Outsider

Lily's P.O.V.

Todays day was going by incredibly slow. I blame my new maths teacher. I already hate school, and that just made me hate it even more. I will have to see him 4 times a week. Out of 5. I'm already dreading it. As if life couldn't get any worse, it did. And I'm not liking it. Not one bit.

I was sat in my last lesson (geography) not paying attention to whatever the teacher was saying. My gaze was focused on the clock. 1 minute to the bell. Last 60 seconds and I'm out of here. I metally screamed of joy. But that quickly went away when I remembered I have more trouble facing at home.

The sound of the bell ringing made me instantly pack my things and put my coat on. I zipped it up as the teacher dismissed the class. I started walking out the door as I was roughly pushed to the side.

"Meet us at the park. 5pm. Don't be late" Lauren said, she's one of the friends of the girl I attacked like a week or so ago.

She walked away swaying her hips from side to side, walking like she owns this place. I groaned when I realized she didn't even give me the time to answer. I guess I have to go then, I mentally say to myself.

I carried on walking acting like nothing ever happened. I got out of the now empty school grounds and turned right walking down the pathway that leads to my house.

I shoved my earphones in letting the smooth sound of Adele sooth my stress. Just when the song ended I was infront of my house.

I took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves as I walked along the driveway leading to the front porch.

I realized there was an extra car parked in the drive way, but I didn't take much notice of it.

I touched the gold handle. Once the cold metal came into contact with my fingertips a shiver went down my spine.

I pulled the door handle down and stepped inside shutting the door close afterwards. It was awfully quiet... Too quiet for 5 teenage boys.

I gulped while taking my shoes of and placing my bag near the stairs and out of the way.

Last time I came home and it was this quiet, it didn't end too good. So either they're all sat in the living room or gone to an interview. Doubts fill my mind as I remembered there was a car parked in the drive way. Which only leaves me with option one.

However, I wasn't up for checking, I might as well silently crawl up the stairs, they hopefully won't notice.

"Lily!" A voice shouted which I identified as Harry's. I mentally screamed bloody Mary in my head and I made my way down the stairs... Anger radiating of me. If they're going to argue I'm arguing back, I did nothing wrong.

I got to the last step and made my way to the living room, where I presume they all will be.

I opened they door and stepped further in, sucking in a deep breath when I caught sight of my mother sitting besides Gemma on the couch.

Harry did not tell mum about the doctors thing! He wouldn't. Please say he didn't.

My mind was racing with all the possibilities why my mother came from her time off so quick.

I stood there dumbfounded unsure what to do or say, so I just looked down and counted all the floor tiles underneath my naked feet.

"Lily do you think I would let someone do that?" My mother yelled while scrunching her eyebrows up.

I silently shivered at the tone of her voice, now I felt incredibly stupid as I had no clue what she's on about. First of all, I don't even know how much she knows.

"Because no way in Hell I would let someone behave like you!" She added. But still she only seems to be getting more angry by the second.

"Maybe if you tell me what I've done, I could contribute to this "conversation"!" I yelled back at her. I know far better than to yell back right now, but she just pushes me over my line. I've had a bad day today already and they all have to push it.

"Tell you what you've done!? Maybe the question would be what you HAVEN'T DONE LILY." My mother yelled at me, I backed away a bit worried she's somehow going to loose it and attack me. I know I shouldn't think about that. But I can't stop it, Dad does it, so what's stopping her?

"I HAVEN'T DONE A LOT OF THINGS MOTHER" I screamed back standing on my ground. I'm gonna stand up for myself. I'm going to prove my point that they all are just searching for arguments.

"YES, yes you have Lily-

"What what have I done?" I screamed and cut my mum of, she narrowed her eyes at me, I have obviously just pissed her off more.

"You. YOU do everything WRONG! LOOK AT HARRY, GEMMA, THEY'RE NOT LIKE YOU, THEY SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WRONG AND RIGHT! YOUR JUST THE OUTSIDER LILY! My mother screamed.

Her words smacked me right across my face. I knew it. I knew she never wanted me. I knew she always favourited Harry and Gemma. Why not though? Harry is a global superstar. Gemma is a sister of Harry, she's gorgeous. Smart. Finished university. Then there's just me. A worthless piece of sh*t. I wish I never was born.

"I DO STUFF RIGHT. YOU JUST CAN'T SEE THE TRUTH BECAUSE YOUR ALL OVER HARRY AND GEMMA PRAISING THEM FOR WIPING THE TABLE! WHILE YOUR SCOLDING ME ALL THE TIME. IF YOU DIN'T WANT ME YOU SHOULD OF ABORTED ME I WOULD BETTER BE OF DEAD THEN HERE. YOUR ALL FUCKED UP PEOPLE. FUCK OFF. FUCK OUT OF MY LIFE. I HATE YOU ALL. INCLUDING YOU ANNE.! I screamed back. I just lost it. She needs to get things right in her brain cause at the minute she's talking a lot of bull. My passion for hating her just grows each second.

"Lily do not talk to your mother like that!" Harry scolded.

"Don't you bring your nosy self into this Harry" I said coldly to him. He's even sticking up for mum. Funny how all those horrible words mum said to me no one told her she's stepping over the line. I'm like a target in this family. Whoever hurts her the most wins.

"It's not being nosy Lily, you can't talk to your mum like that; she gave birth to you for gods sake" Harry replied running his hand through his hair. I gave him the best death glare I can master just so he knows I'm not letting go. I don't care how grounded I will be. My passion of hate towards them is much stronger than my fear right now...

"Lily I suggest you apologize right this second" my mother said still as angry as before.

I nearly wanted to laugh it off in front of her face, if she really thinks I'm going to apologize she's out of this world.

"Apologize? For what? There's nothing I regret, so therefore I shall not apologize!" I said sounding much more confident than I really am...

"Lily for gods sake just apologize" Gemma spoke up from beside my mo- Anne.

"Lily, your such a disrespectful child! I don't know who raised you. Fighting at school, getting lower grades, stealing money from your dad, arguing, swearing, sneaking out. I'M EMBARRASSED I CALL YOU MY CHILD LILY. WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH YOU!" my mother screamed and at that moment everything froze...

How could she be embarrassed of me. Half of these things I was forced to do and half of them Dad lied about. I would never steal money. And me getting lower grades are maybe because I'm stressed and scared. But hey why does that matter?

I gave up. I ran out of the living room and sprinted towards the front door, I swung it open and ran as fast as I can, adrenaline pumping inside my veins.

"Lily wait!" A strong accent called out. I din't dare to stop though, I just ran faster as salty tears poured out of my eyes. The wind was blowing my hair back as I ran, making it easier for me to see.

Suddenly I felt a strong hand on my shoulder stopping me dead in my tracks.