Chapter 2~ Flashback&Oak tree

Gemma's P.O.V

"I'm sorry I'm such a disappointment, not everyone can be perfect like Harry" I watched as Lily ran up the stairs and shut her door loudly with a thud, showing us perfectly that she's pissed off.

I sighted while flopping down onto the couch next to my mother, who looked deep in thought.

"I just don't understand" She explained letting out a shaky breath.

"She was never like this, she just..." She sighted, stopping mid sentence.

"changed" She whispered holding her face in her hands.

I sighted again, unsure what to say. Mum was right though, Lily has changed, to top all that, she's built walls all around her, shutting everyone off, it's just herself in her world; she believes she dosen't need anyone else. Which worries me; She used to be really open, and happy, bubbly, now; she completely the opposite of all the things she once used to be. We try to help; but she dosen't let us.

"I know mum, everything about Lily has changed, I can't keep up with her anymore" I confessed, scratching the back of my neck nervously, while turning to look at my mum, hoping she know's what to do.

I saw my mothers eyes flash with worry as she spoke.

"We tried everything to help her, we can't do much, you see yourself, she's just as stubborn as." my mother said in a matter of fact while getting up from her seat, leaving a little dint in the polished couch.

"Goodnight hunny, better get to sleep, busy day tomorrow" She said planting a small kiss on my cheek, while heading of up the stairs, disappearing from my sight.

I just flopped myself onto now the empty couch, I just sat there listening to the time ticking by.

Darkness quickly over took me; inviting me into a slumber, with no stress; just peace, as my eyes were shutting down, I heard soft sounds coming from upstairs; taking no notice of it, in a blink of an eye, the darkness was pulling me in, hesitantly, I accepted.

Lily's P.O.V

5:13, 5:14, 5:15, 5,16, 5:17, 5:18.

I just layed in complete darkness, starring at my clock, watching the time pass by.

I usually don't really sleep much, simply because I don't want my nightmares to haunt me. For most people sleeping is peaceful, but for me, it's the place I relive my worst memories!

5:21 am

I just sighted in frustration, realizing it has only been 3 minutes since I last checked the time.

Knowing I won't be going back to bed; I slowly lifted my self up, letting my feet hang of by the side of my bed. The cold morning air crowded around my feet as I made my way over to my bathroom.

I slowly walked over to the sink, washing my hands, face, and teeth.

Once I was done, I grabbed my makeup bag from the cupboard underneath. 

I quickly started applying concealer to the bags underneath my eyes, and to the ginormous purple bruise I had on my left cheek.

~flashback~

-2 days ago-

I quickly walked up the cracked pavement towards the house, my hands were shaking in fear, sweat dripping from my forehead, my eyes were going blurry, from the tears building up in the corners of my eyes, threatening to spill any minute now.