Love, Death, Birth

"Jacob.." I winced, holding my sides trying to relive the pain, "J-Just slow down.." I pulled my head down, it helped the pain go away for a few seconds and the muscles began to throb again.

Jake eased on the gas as a reply. I could see Jake sweating in the night due to the lights passing by, his face was shiny and scared. I had woken him up, telling him that my water broke. All the time I was pregnant, Jake didn't worry or panic until now.

Jake eased the car more, I lifted finally lifted my head up, "Why are you stopping?" I groaned. The car had completely stopped.

"Red light.." Jake simply said.

I looked both ways and then spoke, "No one is coming, just drive.."

"I'm not running a red light.."

The pain hit once more, I cringed, "JACOB EPHRAIM BLACK, if you don't drive this goddamn truck..!"

Jake quickly stepped in the gas, making me lean back in my seat, "Thank God the hospital is only five miles away.." Jake said to himself.

"Jake, I don't need this right now.." I closed my eyes, "Just stop talking, please.."

~~~~~~~~~

I was finally settled in the room, I was laying down on the bed, my head was slightly elevated to relieve some of the back pain. Jake was by my side, rubbing my hand lightly, tapping his foot, sweat falling down the side of his cheek. I gripped his hand, telling him to relax, and he did.

"A-Are you okay?" He croaked, "I-Is the pain back?"

"Jake.." I lightly said, "I'm fine.."

Jake stood up, "I just want to make sure everything is okay.." Jake began to walk in front of the head of the bed, he paced back and forth.

"Jacob.."

Jake stopped near the left side of the bed. I could tell by his eyes he didn't want anything bad to happen, he didn't want to lose another baby. I didn't either, but he was more determined to make sure the only thing in this room would be life.

"Come here.." I held out my hand.

Jake exhaled and walked back around. He slid back in the chair and embraced my hand, "I'm sorry.." He placed his lips on my hand.

"Just a few more hours.." Even though I would be here forever.

Jake finally let a little smile break through, he caressed my face with both of his warm, shaking hands, "Just a few more hours.." He softly repeated against my lips. It's been forever since we've had a little embrace, forever since we been a whole.

The door creeped open, I turned my head, it was a doctor, "I do apologize to break up the moment.." He chuckled.

"It's okay.." I lightly smiled, but then quickly cringed, "Damn it.."

"Contractions, I see.." The doctor said aloud while closing the door.

I grabbed Jake's hand and brought it to my lower side, the spot right above my wolf tattoo, "Push.." I spoke.

Jake added small pressure, reliving the pain momentarily. It throbbed, giving a small shock of pain here and then, it seemed like it wouldn't go away. It was beyond excruciating, I wanted to die.

The doctor walked over to the left side of the bed, he looked at the heart monitor. He began to take notes on the nearby clipboard, "I am Dr. Murray.." He spoke as he set down the clipboard, he flashed a friendly smile, "...and I will be delivering the baby when the time comes.."

"Is there a female doctor available?" Jake quickly spoke up.

"Jacob.." I turned my head, trying to ignore the subtle pains.