Mason on The Run

"Jake, what the hell is the matter with you?!" I shouted, I looked down at all of the bodies but the tears blocked out the clear details, along with the darkness.

The lights came back on instantly, as if my words were the magic ones. The bodies were clear now and exposed. They weren't as gruesome as I expected, since Jake has an anger problem, he's changing his habits with everything, and surprisingly killing was one of them. But the massive scent of blood made me cringe.

"They just came after me, I don't even know how they made it into the house, Liana.." Jake finally set down the knife on the table, with had pieces of bloody chunks on it. Jake was breathing heavily and was in shock at his own acts.

Jake had killed Blondie, Jet Black, and some other male friend of Mason's, I called him Patchy, because if for some reason he survived Jake's self defensive attack, he would need an eye patch. As for Blondie and Jet Black, they had fatal wounds at the sight, both stab, somewhat sliced, at the abdomen. I assumed they ran towards Jake, and he couldn't lift the knife up in time. Unlike Patchy's attack.

"Jake.." I faced him, "Everyone else is in Canada, it'll take them at least a day to get here, and Mason is here. What are we gonna do?"

Jake took another glance at the bodies on the floor, and skimmed his hand, terrified by the blood. But Jake's face shifted in structure and he was finally aware. Jake made his way to the back door, "I'm gonna get rid of the bodies and I-I want you to stay here.." Jake pulled the slider door open, wind and rain instantly made its way onto the floor. Jake's bloody handprint was on the slider handle, it was was a horrid sight.

"You can't leave me, Jake.." I opposed.

"As your imprinter, I have to find ways to protect the one I love the most.." Jake looked into my eyes, "Even if it means leaving you for a few minutes.." Jake's voice croaked.

"B-But.."

Jake turned and grabbed the knife form the table, "If Mason comes in here, do what you have to do.." Jake held the knife so the blade faced the ground and his hand on the handle, he moved the knife in my direction.

I gulped as I grabbed the knife. The knife was still warm from Jake's hand and the blood of the others, "And what if my mom comes in here..?" I asked out loud, automatically regretting the moment it fully came out.

"I don't think I can answer that.." Jake said quietly. I knew he wanted me to do the right thing, most likely not hurt my mother, but if I came down to it, I would. Jake got started on moving the bodies outside, "Stay in the back of the house until I get back. I want you to turn all of the lights off. I don't think Mason is close enough to the house yet. He probably sent these guys first just to check things out.."

Jake hoisted Jet Black and Blondie over his shoulders and hustled out the slider door, Jake rushed as fast as he could into the forest. Jake's body was gone in seconds, I had to act fast.

I closed the slider door, all the way so it looked closed, but open enough so Jake could come back in and grab Patchy. I slide the knife in my back pocket. I rushed to the kitchen and turned off the main light. I quickly checked the other rooms to turn off lights, I turned off Jake's lamp, the bathroom light, and the main light in my room.

I closed the bedroom door, and searched my way to the bed. My toe hit the metal frame and I swore, "Jesus.." I groaned. I crawled on top of the bed, I reached my hand to my pocket and pulled the knife out. I pulled to fast and it tumbled on the floor, "Damn it.."

I resisted to turn on the lamp, but I had to. I reached my arm towards where I thought the lamp was, but I over reached and pushed it on the floor. At the same time, I heard an outside noise, but I figured it was the echo from the lamp. I sighed and carefully set both my feet on the ground, trying to remember where the knife fell.