The Call

I was in the bathroom, washing my hands for dinner. I started to hear talking again. I still thought I was going crazy.

You tried all the steps...? Someone said, I didn't recognize their voice.

I think so. Hold on, let me think... Jacob said.

I snapped my head towards the door, it was like he was right outside. I sighed and dried my hands with a towel. I started to smell wet dog again. I slowly lifted the towel to my nose, a full whiff of dog. I pulled the towel back, but then again slowly brought it up. The thought of the smell disgusted me, but it was so good. I didn't know why I was attracted to it.

I shook it off and threw the towel on the floor. I opened the door, and surely enough Jake was there, "Dinner's ready.." He said.

"Thanks.." I said, I was a little jumpy at the sight of Jake. I walked passed him. There were only two seats open, closest to the front door. One for me, one for Jake.

Jake and Liana, sitting at the dinner table... Seth chuckled.

K..I..S...S...I..N..G... Embry laughed.

I sighed. I didn't know why I could hear them, and I didn't know why they thought I liked Jake. But I could hear them, I was so confused, I swear I wasn't crazy. I've been hearing Seth the most out of all of them, also Jake. That's what confused me the most. I walked over to the other side of the table, I took my seat. Jake sat next to me, of course.

Leah and Sam brought the rest of the food back. I could feel a little tension between. Leah bumped into Sam, on purpose. Maybe she had a thing for him, and she's not good at expressing feelings?

Maybe you guys like each other... I thought.

Don't you ever think that. Ever! Leah growled.

She slammed down the pasta bowl. I jumped. She looked right at me furiously. Leah walked back to the kitchen. Leah didn't say it, I heard her perfectly clear. Just like when Seth talks. God, I was going crazy.

Jake leaned over to me, "She's fine. She just has her moments.." He chuckled. Jake leaned back away from me.

I noticed him in the corner of my eye. I never paid close attention to him, until now. A chiseled jaw line, soft cheeks. A seductive grin and smile. He was actually hot.

Jake turned back to me, "What?"

I got lost in his eyes, "N-Nothing. Just thinking.." I stammered. I turned away from him, I heard a slight chuckle come from Jake.

~~~~~~~~~~

We were halfway through dinner. Sandra wasn't back yet. I was getting antsy. I started to tap my foot, the vibration went up to my arms. I stopped quickly, it looked like I had to go pee. The talking started to come back.

Jake hasn't made a big move yet... Seth chuckled.

I glanced at Seth, he was chowing on his salad.

Maybe he didn't imprint... Embry thought, But I guess you can't fake affection...

I looked up at Embry, he was already staring at me, "What did you say?" Embry was starting to get on my bad side.

"S-Say what?" Embry stuttered.

Everybody stopped eating. They stared at me, "You said somebody imprinted. I heard of that before.." I put down my fork.

"I don't know what you're talking about.." Embry said with a straight face.