Embrace

Everything made sense, the way Jake looks at me and how he treats me. It all makes sense, and I can't believe it. I just can't. Jake and I were meant to be together.

Jake told me about the lone wolf, it's a tragic thing. Who would reject the imprinter? I couldn't imagine doing that to Jake. Jake also told me how I could be the Luna. Billy made it sound like is was an amazing thing to be, but when Jake spoke about it, it was like dying would be the better option. Jake also said how the other wolves phase, usually when they sense a vampire is near. But for Jake, he phases by anger.

Jake and I were on the couch, talking while everybody else, as Jake says it, went for a walk. But really, they phase and hunt.

"Are you still thinking..?" Jake slid his hand on mine, the tingles came but I suddenly became used to it. Billy said that now I was aware that Jake imprinted on me, my wolf would be more comfortable with Jake's. And for me and Jake, physical contact would be a huge factor for a while. Also, they both mentioned sexual urges would occur. But most of them, would come from Jake.

"Y-Yeah, I'm just.." I stood up, lightly moving Jake's hand off of me. I walked to the other side of the table, I brushed a hand through my hair, closing my eyes, "This is just crazy, I don't know if I can do it.." I mumbled to myself.

I heard Jake stand up, I'm opened my eyes, "You're... rejecting me?" Jake's lip quivered.

"No, no no.." I gasped, "I didn't mean it like that, Jake.." I walked up to him.

"Are you rejecting me?" Jake asked sternly, almost spitting through his teeth. His fists started to form by his side. I gulped, I didn't want to get hurt.

Slowly, I moved my hands to the top of his shoulders, "Jacob.." Saying his real name was alien to me, I tried to stay calm and not be intimidated by his upcoming anger, "I would never do that to you, I wouldn't leave you and make you suffer with all that pain I'd cause..." One hand moved to caress his cheek, his face was hot, the warm kind of hot, "I'm not my mother.."

Jake looked down at me, he looked right in my eyes, as if he was trying to find his soul mate. But as he finally found me, Jake slipped his hands on my waist and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped both arms around him, a whiff of his cologne and wet dog came into my nose, making me smile.

"Thank you.." Jake mumbled against my neck. I could feel a connection between us, literally feel it bonding. It was a magical thing.

I pulled my head back, "No, thank you. Thank you for supporting me, thanks for staying in the hospital with me. Thanks for putting up with me.." I chuckled, Jake smiled as I spoke. His soft eyes did wonders on me, I was in a trance. But that trance made me lean in a give him a peck on his cheek. Trying to avoid showing my warm cheeks, I hugged him again. Not so much as a sexual urge, but a friendly act in my opinion.

"You're welcome.." Jake hugged tightly, and embraced me. Jake was happy I was finally comfortable with him.

"Can you do me a favor?" I pulled back again, smiling.

"Or course.." Jake returned a smile.

"Phase for me.." I wanted to know what color fur Jake has. Billy said color of fur an be represented by a shapeshifter's personality. Like Sam has black fur, because of the black heart he has. Or Jared is a soft chocolate because caring. Or how Seth is a sandy color, because he's vibrant, "I wanna see you as a wolf.."

"Liana, you know how I phase..." Jake said softly, "I don't want to scare you.."

"Losing my parents was the only thing that I was scared of, and it happened. I'm not scared of anything anymore.." I replied, "And I will never be scared of you.."