Jake's Disappearance and Performance

Days and nights went by, constant searching for my beloved. Everybody looked, the entire pack, hell, even Billy and Charlie. After a while, I went into a deep depression, I tried to help but I would blank out or even pass out. Billy insisted I stayed in bed and rest and wait. But I was tired of waiting, I just wanted Jake back.

It was two weeks into Jake's disappearance, it was night time, but it felt like hell. Everyone was asleep, after all they needed time to rest as well. I laid on my back, looking into the darkness of the ceiling. I was out of tears, every once in a while, I would let out this painful groan, everyone in the house could feel my pain. It was hard for them to not hear me mope.

I was finally done thinking about how Jake was hurting in the woods, I was finally done plotting Mason's murder, I was finally asleep.

The tree... Jake's voice croaked.

I tossed and turned, trying to remove the voice from my head, I thought it was the beginning of another nightmare.

Liana... He said again, this time, sickly and fragile.

Without thinking, I sat up in the darkness, it still felt like I was laying down in pain. The voice paused for a second.

The tree.. Jake raised his voice, as if he was trying to yell it to me, Help me..!

I sat up, breathless and confused. I was sweaty as if I ran a marathon. I had the urge to go outside, probably because of Jake's voice haunting me. I slipped out of bed and put on my shoes, along with a jacket. I figured I wouldn't be too cold, so I kept my shorts on, and after all, being cold was never an issue when being a shapeshifter, or a person with a very high internal temperature.

I opened my door and crept in the living room. Paul, Quil, and Jared were in the floor, complete passed out and unconscious. Seth was on the couch, he was moving slightly, lightly groaning, tossing and turning. I hurried and moved to the front door.

"Liana?" Seth's scratchy voice spoke.

I turned around and saw his faint shadow, "I-I'm just getting some air.." I whispered.

"No, you're not.." Seth retorted, "You need to rest, we'll find Jake soon.."

"I'm tired of resting and waiting, I know he's out there. I know where he is.." I insisted, I was positive about this.

Seth lightly yawned and exhaled, he edged he way towards me, "Let's go.." Seth reached for the doorknob and pulled backwards.

"Wait!" I blurted out, but keeping caution for the other sleeping, "Should we bring a blanket or a jacket for him?" I whispered, "O-Or something?" I didn't know what Jake would need, besides me.

Seth sighed, or yawned, they were so closely related, "I'll grab one, go start looking for him.." Seth held to door open for me, it was my chance to finally find him.

I stepped into the porch and my legs ran for the hills, well for the oak tree.

A while later, I made it to the ravine, "Jake!" I shouted. There was an eery echo of his name. I panted as I came to a full stop.

The moonlight lit the ground, just everything. The ravine water sparkled and the light breeze whistled. My head shifted up towards the focus point of the moonlight, the oak tree. I pushed myself to the small hilltop.

As stood in front of the tree, all I saw was my darkness casted over it. No Jake, no love. Something snapped, a twig, behind the tree. I thought it was a deer, but a frail, furry tail swooped out and inwards towards itself.

"Jake..?" I softly spoke. A tired growl returned. I stepped closer and around the tree, "Oh dear God.." I gasped.

It was Jake, but it wasn't him. Jake was still in wolf form, but he just looked like fur and bones. Jake was weak, pale, almost dead. I bent down to touch him, Jake lifted his weak, it shook with the effort he put into it. His head just fell near my feet.