Fever and Telepathy

*Liana's POV*

"Liana.." Sandra rushed over to me, "I was worried about you..." She hugged me. Sandra held me tightly, "You're soaked. I hope you don't get sick.." Sandra held my cheeks with her hands, her hands were cold to me.

I squirmed out of her grip, "I'm fine. Can we go now?"

"No!" Jake's voice boomed.

All of us faced him, "Excuse me?" I questioned him.

Jake looked back at his friends, "I uh mean, you can't go because you have to stay for dinner.." He chuckled awkwardly, trying to make everything seem better, "My mom always told me to never let guests leave on an empty stomach.."

"That would be nice, we should eat before we hit the road.." Sandra smiled. Sandra seemed to lighten up a little, she seemed to enjoy it here.

"No, we shou-" I started.

"I'll start something. Leah, come help me please.." Billy spoke up. He wheeled himself to the kitchen. Leah followed behind him.

"Ugh.." I groaned as I rubbed my face. I walked passed the group of guys, they kept on staring at me.

Woah, I can feel her body heat...

I glanced up at one of the guys, I think his name was Embry, "What was that?"

"Embry, what did you say?" Jake gave him a dirty look.

"I-I didn't say anything.." Embry backed up, seeming defenseless and sacred of me. Why me? I'm half of his size, I don't even have as much muscle strength as he does. Or maybe Embry isn't comfortable around girls?

I brushed passed everybody and made my way pass the couch. I went over to the back door. Slowly, I slide the blinds back. Jake's backyard was an opened field with trees almost 30 feet away. I sat down near the door. I watched the water drops slide down the window screen. Some faster than others. Some taking their time, as if they reached the bottom, their life would end. They're enjoying life as best as they can.

Just try and see if she is, Jake... Seth said, Use the simple step method...

I turned my head, Seth was washing his hands next to Leah. I was so confused, it was as if Seth was right behind me. I turned back around and looked outside. A creak of the floor caught my attention. It was Jake. He sat next me, "Hey.." Jake smiled.

I kept quiet. He just looked at me, Jake was in awe somehow. I didn't know why, I started to have thoughts of him having a thing for me. We've only known each other for about a hour and a half. But I did believe in 'love at first sight'.

"S-Sorry, if I've been staring at you too much.." Jake chuckled, he had a small smile. I couldn't help but think it was a little seductive.

I didn't reply. I was too busy paying attention to the rain. Usually rain would make some people feel sad and depressed at the dark and gloomy sky, but for me, it calmed me. It made me think of the good times with me and my mom. Sadly, all the good times with me and my mom have faded away into a repressed memory.

"Can I do something to you?" He asked, I turned to him noticed his black hair was a little spiky from the rain. Jake shirt had water spots and along with his jeans.

I raised my eyebrow, "No.."

"It's an old tribal way to see if your sick.." He chuckled, his nose flared a little. I couldn't tell if he was lying or being nervous around me.

"But I'm not sick.." I replied.

"You don't know that.." He smirked. Jake slid his hand on top of mine. He had soft hands, but manly hands. They were a little dirty. Jake had motor oil spots in some places. I assumed the motorcycle in the front yard, was his. Jake's hand was warm, but at the same time, it wasn't warm. Jake slowly moved his hand up my forearm. It gave me the chills, "My hand doesn't seem a little warm to you?" Jake had a worried face.