Proof

*Liana's POV*

Ever since I got here to Forks and La Push, I just didn't feel right anymore. The smell of wet dog was getting stronger and stronger but I think I liked it. I'm hearing things like crazy, the voices are almost so human like, it feels like someone is breathing on my neck and talking.

I looked up at Jake, he had a serious, caring face. He was well built. All of them, except Leah, were like ripped. Muscular, like muscles trapped under their tight shirts just waiting to rip them. Almost like the Hulk. But they do pull it off, I must admit. Sandra said they would be around my age, but they definitely look older. Maybe early 20's? I didn't want to question too much, I did want an older guy to date.

Liana, you just met this guy. Chill... I thought to myself.

I snapped out of my thoughts, I glanced up at Jake's right upper arm. "Woah.." I stopped him, I grabbed his arm. I could see the bottom of a circular tattoo.

"What?" He chuckled, Jake looked down at me.

I lifted his short sleeve up, I saw his tribal tattoo, "It's the Quileute tribal tattoo.." I was in awe. I gently slid my hand down the tattoo, gently touching Jake's skin. It was a bigger version of mine, but I didn't want to tell him about it.

Jake flexed a little, "You've heard of the tribe before?"

I raised my eyebrow at Jake's attempt to impress me, "Duh, they're native to this land. I come here every year, what am I not going to hear about it?" I chuckled.

I noticed his bicep. It was so muscular and huge. The dog smell came again, "What else have you heard about the tribe?" Jake spoke up.

I snapped out of my drooling, "Um a lot of stuff actually.." I chuckled. I let go of his arm and started to walk again. We were a few feet away from La Push.

"Like what..?" Jake asked. He walked really close to me. I could feel his warmth, almost hot.

"The whole wolf thing. Well excuse me, shapeshifter thing.." I started, "How their enemies are the vamps, or cold ones. The whole fairy tale.." I looked up at him, "Oh the whole telepathy thing, but you can only hear each other when you 'phase' into a wolf.." I chuckled, the idea of it all was so amusing, but I did like to learn about it, "But in some really close packs, if there's a lot of members of the pack and they all trust each other enough, they can hear each other's thoughts when they're in human form. But I've heard it's all just a legend.."

His face was blank, but scared. Like I said everything was true, Jake looked down at me, "That's it..?"

"There's other details but it would go on forever.." I sighed as I stepped onto the sand.

I walked over to the damp rock that I used to sit on, I knew it was the rock because every year I would keep tally of how many ripples I counted with moss stains on the side of the rock. I sat on it, facing the water. The light shade of the sun was on the horizon. A flock of birds passed over us, looking for shelter. I smiled as the wind started to pick up a little, I moved my hair away from my mouth. Right on que, a little drizzle came along. I started to count the ripples.

"1...2...3....4..."

"What are y-" Jake started.

"Damn it.." I lost my train of thought, "No talking please.." I looked up at him.

Jake sat next to me on the rock, "Why?"

"It's a tradition thing and you're ruining it. So please, shush..." I snapped at him.

Jake flinched a little, "Sorry.."

I exhaled and looked at the water again, I started to mumble, "1...2...3...4...5.."

She's a weird one, I think she might fit in with us...

"Jake! I said no talking.." I shouted.

"I didn't say anything.." Jake snapped back.

"Then who did?" I looked around. I felt something wrong. I was alerted somehow as the drizzle stopped. My heart was racing, and I didn't like it.

Jake stood up, "Are you okay? What's wrong?" He seemed more tense than me. Jake seemed like he wanted to protect me.

Do you think she can hear us..? Another voice spoke up.

"I-I hear talking.." I looked pass the trees and down the road. Slowly, I stood up.

"No one is here besides us two.." Jake came close to me, a little too close.

I stepped back a little. I rubbed my face with my hands, "Can I tell you something? Can you keep a secret..?" I looked up at Jake. I needed to know if I could trust Jake.

"Anything.." Jake had a small smile, he stepped a little closer to me, I didn't move.

I exhaled, "Ever since I came here, I've been feeling....weird.."

"Weird as in..?" He chuckled.

"Psychotic. I'm hearing people talking and I somewhat recognize their voices but then I don't. Second, I've been sensing the weather like crazy..." The more I explained, the more Jake's face became scared. Almost aware, "Like I know it's gonna be sunny in probably 10 minutes, then rain again. And for some reason, I smell wet dog.." I explained, "Every time I come here, this never happens. Until now.." I faded.

Jake backed up a little, "Wet dog?"

"I know, wet dog is gross. But the more I smell it, the more I find it attractive.." I chuckled to myself, "But it's the smell that you're sorta used to, in a way. I have officially gone crazy.."

Jake opened his mouth to say something, but I turned my head around to the woods, I heard footsteps crushing against leaves and twigs, "What?" Jake asked.

"You didn't hear that?" I started to walk to the woods.

"No.." Jake ran up to stop me. He went in front of me and held his hands up. Jake slowly put them down when he noticed my curious and concerned face.

I crossed my arms, "You didn't hear the footsteps.."

"No.." His nose flared, my dad taught me how to tell if a person was lying or not. Usually face signs, like nose flaring, cheeks becoming fully with color, or eye movement, was an obvious sign of a white lie. And that's how I also knew that my mom wouldn't come back, her eyes wandered when she told me she would be back before my birthday.

"Liar..." There went the 'trust', I walked passed him and made my way into the woods. I walked down the little hill and passed the rocks, Jake was close behind me.

"We should just go back.." Jake spoke up, I started to rush. I had the urge to find whatever my mind was hearing and sensing.

Bushes and piles of moss were everywhere, some of the branches scrapped up against my skin, I didn't mind it. The pine smell filled my nose, it was a good smell. And I hated pine. I didn't know what was wrong with me. I heard the sound of moving water, a ravine close by.

I went pass a berry bush and stopped in the middle of an clearance. My eyes went wide.

Jake bumped into me, "Sorry..." He moved to my side, "What ar-" Jake looked up, "Oh, shit.."

A pack of gigantic wolves were drinking water, they all turned at the same time. They stood still, a few of them started to back up. I entered their territory, but some stood in place, not scared of me. I was speechless. They were beautiful. So lively, "Oh my God.." I started to walk over to them, "It's true.." I covered my mouth in awe.

Jake grabbed my hand, "Don't.." Jake pulled me close to his body, it was like a brick wall. Jake was all warm muscle. I noticed a smell, the wet dog and a hint of cologne. Maybe Jake has been around the wolves before, and that's why I've been smelling dog?

I ripped his hand off, "You don't!" Pushing Jake away, I continued to walk to them. They stood still, they were huge and graceful. I walked up to dark brown wolf. I wanted to make contact with them, for some unknown reason. I raised my hand up to him, hoping he would allow me to touch him.