Part of The Family

I decided to tell Jake exactly what happened the day that my dad died and told him about the nightmare memory at the hospital. While I told Jake about it all, he had a blank expression. I knew he needed to reply to it all, but he didn't say a single word.

After me talking, Jake suggested that I go to bed. He helped me into a spare bedroom, along with one of Leah's shirts and shorts. Every time I put on her clothes, it makes me want to burn them and be bare.

The spare room had two big book shelves, Jake said the books were of the histories of the Quileute tribe. As soon as I picked up one, Jake told me I need to rest and that I could read it tomorrow. Jake also said that everybody had to talk to me about something tomorrow.

Something important.

~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. Groaning, I tumbled over and yawned. The bed side table clock was flashing 12:00 over and over again, but I knew it wasn't noon yet. I unstuck my face from the pillow and stood up, the feeling of a heavy bladder made me rush to the bathroom, which was connected to the bedroom.

After using the bathroom, washing my hands and face, and detangling my hair, I headed out to the living room. Everybody was passing plates and smiling, Billy was already at the table reading the newspaper. Leah, Seth, and Jared were setting the breakfast items on the table. Sam and Paul were throwing grapes at each other, trying to catch them in their mouth. And after Embry put down the last plate, he walked to the back door. It seemed like he was studying the clouds, sensing it would rain fairly soon.

But Jake wasn't out yet. A loud yawn came from behind me, I turned quickly. Jake was in a tight white t-shirt with black boxers, a very messy but sexy bed head, and was wearing a bright smile, "Morning.."

"Hey.." I replied, stunned at Jake. Who knew that some sleep could really make a guy look hotter?

"For heavens sake.." Billy spoke up, chuckling, "Put some pants on Jake.."

"Dad.." Jake groaned, "I'm so comfortable.." Jake rubbed an eye.

Billy raised the newspaper in front of his face, "Pants now.."

"I think he's right.." I said to Jake, a smile pulled my lips, "It's a little distracting.." I had to admit, I wasn't the best at flirting. But I didn't know why I had to make a little comment. It just felt right.

"It's only distracting if you look.." Jake grinned, flirting back. Jake slipped towards his room to, what I assume, put on pants. I guess my flirting game wasn't so bad.

~~~~~~~~~

Burps and food walls, where you eat too much food and it piles into a gastric wall in your stomach, came along as we finished breakfast. We were all on the couch now, Billy was near the end of the couch near me. He began to talk.

"Liana, I bet you have some questions in your head that you've been wanting to ask for a long time.." Billy spoke while taking off his cowboy hat, "And we're all here to answer them.."

I looked around at everybody, they all nodded their heads. Even Leah, "I do have a few but there's one in particular.." I bit my lip, wanting to eat the question up.

"Go ahead.." Jake spoke up from sitting to my left. I turned my head to him, I wanted to ask about the wolves in the woods, but did Jake know? Jake leaned to me, "It's okay, they know about wolves.."

"They know about the wolves?" I replied, softly while forgetting that they could still hear me.

"We don't just know about them.." Sam interrupted.