Passing

"Liana, come over here.." My dad coughed, he was hacking up a little blood. He wiped it with a tissue.

I slowly walked to the right side of the bed, I looked own at him. He was more than pale, he was skinny as could be. His soft, brown eyes like mine turned to a deadly grey. The doctors said his clock was running out, like old age. But 43 is no where near old age. My dad shouldn't be going through this, he should be going through a mid life crisis right now. He shouldn't be on his death bed.

My dad started to sit up, "No.." I pushed him down easily, "You need to rest.."

He exhaled at my decision, he listened and looked up at me, "I need to talk to you.."

I stayed quiet.

"The reason I'm sick is because of your mom.." He started, trying to deny it.

"W-What?" I raised my voice, "Did she p-poison you or something..." Anger started to come through me, she decided to leave then she makes my dad sick? She really didn't care about us, just other people.

"No, Liana.." He chuckled seamlessly, he could always be happy at the worst moments, "She didn't poison me. But she took something away from me that I'll never live with again if she doesn't come back.."

"I-I don't understand.." I started to cry, "What did she take from you..?"

He stayed silent to think about what he was going to say, "Her love.."

His heart monitor started to slow down, "Dad.." I spoke up. I didn't understand.

"You see, I love your mother more than anything. And she loved me more than anything as well but.."

"Clearly she doesn't love me or you, dad.." I argued, "She just left us.." I said softly.

"You know she left because she wanted to help people.." He coughed again.