Bittersweet Silence

A month and a half pregnant, the stress level was toxic. Embry hasn't been seen but he's keeping contact with everyone else, expect me. I feel shitty for saying what I said about Kenny but she was my only way to finally cope the fact that Sandra wasn't just meaningful to me. And as for Jake goes, he's been ignoring me when I attempt to talk about him to the baby, which was all the time. I tried to ignore it as well, but as my bump grows on the daily, the more of a pain it was to deal with.

I didn't want this baby, and Jake was almost forcing me to have it, although he wasn't talking to me, Jess says that Jake and Ky are wanting to be able to call something else their own.

I was coming out of my room and into the living room, everyone was out expect Jake, who was staring outside at the rain, seeming to be lost in his own mind. A creek came from the floor as I stepped into the kitchen. Jake turned and looked at me, I could tell he wanted to say "how are you?" or "have you been getting sick lately?" or something else comforting. But instead he started walking over to me.

I walked up to a cabinet and pulled out a glass and lifted the sink faucet for some water. I took a light sip and turned to my side, Jake was leaned against the counter in front of me. I set the glass down and looked up.

"How are you feeling?" Jake's eyes met mine, he seemed guilty by asking the question since it was a mistake. Hearing his voice was alien and seductive.

"Just... pregnant.." I sighed.

"Can we talk about it?"

I didn't reply, it hurt too much. Life was moving too fast for me, it was even harder for me because seeing Jake want a child was beautiful yet it wasn't his decision to keep it. I tried to imagine if I was in Jake's place, a soon to be father, desperate to claim his young. Then I remind myself of the place that I'm, a depressed teenager who is apart of a wolf pack, still figuring out why life is changing and why betrayal is a common factor.

"Liana.." Jake spoke, almost annoyed.

"Do you actually want to talk or ignore me and just force me to have it?" I snapped, I became calm instantly after seeing Jake flinch. I crossed my arms, finally talking to Jake just made me want to scream. He would ignore me yet protect me, and I hated having to deal with the bipolar actions.

"I'm not forcing you into anything.." Jake walked up to me, "Yes, I want to have a child, but if you're not ready, then.." Jake faded as the word came into mind, an abortion.

"I don't want you to suffer.." I admitted, looking into his glossy eyes.

Jake sighed lightly, his hand reached over to mine, his thumb rubbed the top of my fingers, "I won't suffer because of your choice, I don't want you to suffer of having a kid you don't want.."

"That's bullshit.." I pulled my hand back, "If I don't have this baby, you'll be upset because of you not being able to call something else yours.."

Jake went silent, I was right and he knew it but he replied softly yet arrogantly, "That's not the reason you don't want to have it, it's about being like Christina, isn't it?"

I gasped, "How dare you compare me to her?" I was furious, although Jake was right, even now I was already like her. I was carrying my imprinter's child and I haven't imprinted on him.

"You know that's not what I meant.."

Hormones are a bitch... Ky spoke up.

"Thanks.." I rolled my eyes as I replied, I walked past Jake and towards the front door. I could sense Jake's warm hand hovering mine, "Don't touch me, Jacob.." And suddenly, the warm hovering stopped and I was free, shifting out the door and into the woods. Once I got a few feet from the porch, Jake's blood was still in the gravel. The sight made my stomach turn, but I couldn't tell if it was the baby or not.